• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NP208 Input seal Replacement

Corvette1974

Hello,

I am installing an NV4500 in my M1028, and am resealing the NP208 so as to not have any fluid mixing between the two. What is the best way to replace the input seal on the NP208 without tearing the entire thing apart? Or should I just destroy the old seal and press the new one in (aka the normal way haha)

The internals of the transfer case are perfect, and I already changed the output seals two years ago.

Let me know what you guys think.

Will

sneekyeye

I found the input seal on the TMs but couldn’t find a part number. Anyone have the the part number handy for the 208 input seal?

I bought this seal kit when i had to replace my front case half. It had everything. Careful about removing the seals, the metal is thin around them.

It looks to me like the part you want is 29940-0445 though.
It is in figure 83 and the part number is on page number 83-3 in the 9-2320-289-34p TM

SuperAwesomeDOOD

I bought this seal kit when i had to replace my front case half. It had everything. Careful about removing the seals, the metal is thin around them.

It looks to me like the part you want is 29940-0445 though.
It is in figure 83 and the part number is on page number 83-3 in the 9-2320-289-34p TM
Thanks!

Upon closer inspection of the removed seal, I was able to make out a part number that Napa had in stock. I’ll update this post in the AM when I look at the seal again.

shotty

I got a rebuild kit for my NP208 from torque king but it did not come with the correct input shaft seal. A youtube video directed me to a timken seal number 710928 which was a perfect fit. Searching that number brings up all kinds of options that I was having difficulty finding before.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks