• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NP208 Transfer case

buelligan68

I was out in the snow and ice yesterday and my transfer kept popping out in 4H works fine in 2H and 4L. Shifting to 4H do not seem to lock in like it does in other gears. Is there a adjustment I can make or does it need to be rebuilt.

MILLMAN37

I had the same problem as well. Also started having a vibration between 35 and 45. I took out the transfer case and rebuilt it. a couple oil holes were plugged with rtv. Nylon pads were in great shape ( I replaced them anyway.) Took the truck out today, still have a vibration 30 to 40 mph. Just not as bad. It still pops out of 4 HI. Not sure whats going on now

True Knight

I had the same problem with mine. The issue was the shift fork in the transfer case. The fork has two nylon tabs that are the wear surface. When these tabs wear away the transfer case will pop out of gear. I had the t-case rebuilt when I installed the 4L80E transmission and the nylon tabs were completely gone and the fork itself was worn down approx 1/16". The fork was about $60-80. That was about a year and a half ago now, and no problems with it popping out of gear anymore.