• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NP218 transfer case drain plug sizes

NormB

ill skim the 890 pages....LOL
I've had a lot of luck finding bolt size and thread pitch by using NSN-now.com

Find the part number in the manual, copy (right click, copy), paste into NSN-now's search window (far right on home page options takes you to the search function), right click, paste, enter.

You'll find the part listed by sellers, and LOTS of other data when you scroll to the bottom of the page where the particulars are described. Material, finish, etc.

But yeah, start with the manuals. Download them to your 'puter and use a good PDF reader (adobe acrobat /reader is still free but open office works as well) and search away. EZPZ.

Give it a shot.

NB

orgnal

about to do a "look see" and check my levels.........any ideas on the bolt/drain plug sizes?

thanks
If I remember correctly, you need a 33mm socket to remove the transfer case fill plug. Always make sure you can remove the fill plug first before you drain it.

McReddy

Last edited:

vmax

I just did this yesterday. My 218 case drain and fill plugs took a 30mm 12 point socket.
A friend had given me a flat stamped spanner wrench but it was too flat and couldn't get square on the fill plug so I ran to Northern Tool and found an $9 socket
It's likely the only time I will ever use it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks