• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NSN desperately needed!

profo

I am tryin to find the lastest NSN for the rear driveshaft on a LMTV M1078A1 truck the Tm's I have, I am pretty sure that its the old 3" diameter one because the original M1078 used these but with the issues they had they upgraded to a larger one.

Thanks Marty

coachgeo

That's what we did for mine. Just had a big rig driveline shop make a new one. It is all standard parts.

Besides that though the manuals you can download from this site with the part numbers in them were last updated well after the changeover. They should have all the correct numbers for the 4" shafts. Far as I know the A1 and the upgraded A0's all have the same shaft. Not sure if same shaft was used when the A1P2 model came out with the other axle, but that is irrelevant at this point since yours is not an A1P2 model

Last edited:

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Will the fabricator balance the new drive shaft for you? Do they require the yokes to do so? (I can't see how they could balance the shaft without the yokes)

thanks,

That's what we did for mine. Just had a big rig driveline shop make a new one. It is all standard parts.

Besides that though the manuals you can download from this site with the part numbers in them were last updated well after the changeover. They should have all the correct numbers for the 4" shafts. Far as I know the A1 and the upgraded A0's all have the same shaft. Not sure if same shaft was used when the A1P2 model came out with the other axle, but that is irrelevant at this point since yours is not an A1P2 model

coachgeo

Will the fabricator balance the new drive shaft for you? Do they require the yokes to do so? (I can't see how they could balance the shaft without the yokes) thanks,
In my experience balancing the shaft has always been part of the process when they make driveshafts. Now that you mention Yokes, my memory is failing me a bit there. Seem to recall that they do not need Yokes from the rear end or Tranny to balance the shaft. In this case though, if they wanted the axle Yokes off the pumpkin or Tranny, believe he had to get at least one new Yoke anyway so he'd only need to pull one off the rear end.