• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NTC 350 Turbo VT50 Rebuild kit?????

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I forgot to mention something, the solenoids will need to be changed out to 24vdc ones. the automotive 350 was most likely a 12 volt engine.

wcuhillbilly

I forgot to mention something, the solenoids will need to be changed out to 24vdc ones. the automotive 350 was most likely a 12 volt engine.
I thought about this, but the jake switches are also 12v, thus Im going with the 12v solenoids and wiring the setup on its own 12v lead from the dedicated 12v fuse block off a single battery. side note, the intake heater plug on the military 250 is 12v as its wired directly from a single battery to the switch then to the intake. I thought this kinda strange, but it really doesnt do much good anyhow. and the new intake and aftercooler dont have any provisions for it yet... thinking of putting a Cummins grid heater from a 5.9 or 8.3 in the intake inlet if I could fab something up... kinda need this beast to start in the winter.
Will, any luck finding that book,?????

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Switches don't care if it is 6, 12, 24, 36 volts. I forgot about looking for it. i'll go out to the garage now

wcuhillbilly

For closure on this thread, I did get the jakes and turbo on, Look for a thread in the 5 ton Hot Rodding/ Mods section "M816 Jakes and Turbo"
Thanks to Will for his insites and advice.