• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NTC 400 Mo Power

eldgenb

The screw that you are adjusting is not for fuel it is the air ratio adjustment if you want to do the fuel you have to put a different size button in the pump
that's interesting since air does not pass through the pump, and as far as I know it had nothing do do with the amount of air that goes into the cylinders, I always thought that was what the turbo was for.... What is also interesting is that pump mechanic at my local Cummins northwest repair center is the one who provided me with the shims and the step by step for turning up the fuel and shimming the Gov springs. Fuel button sizes down the hole on the return line to slow the flow of returning fuel which increases line pressure for the injectors. I appreciate your .02 but wrong information on an open forum can mess people and their equipment up pretty bad, I am not careless enough to make a thread like this without doing all of my research up front.
Thank you.

Last edited:

eldgenb

I'd like to know what button #'s are being used in various engines.

ex-NHC 250 -#27
from what I have gathered 14's are the most common in the stock application, you can go down 5 from stock and be pretty safe. The fuel adjustment through the shaft is easily adjustable and free, if you turn it up too much and are getting excessive smoke just use a small screw driver and turn it down, if you change the button you are taking the entire governor assembly apart and carrying a variety of fuel buttons to accommodate your different driving habits.

jimk

In Memorial
In Memorial
from what I have gathered 14's are the most common in the stock application, you can go down 5 from stock and be pretty safe...
What's rated power for "stock"? I have a NHC250 w/turbo and no intercooler. I won't able to make the boost 400 does due to high charge temp. I'm looking for 290-300hp, that's assuming the EGT is ok. I may try a #20.

I turned the throttle shaft screw 1-1/4 turns. Not much change.

eldgenb

What's rated power for "stock"? I have a NHC250 w/turbo and no intercooler. I won't able to make the boost 400 does due to high charge temp. I'm looking for 290-300hp, that's assuming the EGT is ok. I may try a #20.

I turned the throttle shaft screw 1-1/4 turns. Not much change.
The thread is relative to the NTC400 not the NHC250 so stock refers to the 400hp cummins. Fuel and boost are directly related, the more fuel you put in the more boost the truck builds until it either maxes out the turbo's flow and most likely the egt's before that. I have no idea what it will do to and NHC250, my guess is send the temps through the roof unless you turbo it like yours and with no intercooler... be careful. I took mine out 4.5 turns, perfect!!

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the Jake is suppose to automatically dissengage after slowing to a low enough speed. I know on mine if you hold the pedal it will stall the engine out. just wasn't sure if this is how it is suppose to be or if something had been disconnected.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Does anyone know if the Jake is suppose to automatically dissengage after slowing to a low enough speed. I know on mine if you hold the pedal it will stall the engine out. just wasn't sure if this is how it is suppose to be or if something had been disconnected.
This is how it works, the floor foot pedal switch on the mil. trucks is a dash switch on standard shift civi trucks

Last edited:
mine has a switch on the dash as well. it is off, medium, or full. the pedal is what activates it. but like i said on a civy truck the jake shuts of automatic when the truck gets to a slow enough speed, but the 915 as long as ur on the pedal it is on and can stall the truck out. So i was wondering if the jake is suppose to turn itself off at low speeds on the 915.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks