• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Nu to you Diesile in the tank

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
Got your attention ? I don't usually link to UTUBE but this is a good one IMO. Diesel fuel and it's issues. Just another thing to consider when doing a precheck on that new to you old HumV.

Watch on two time speeds. Who works that fast ....lol

Tiger in the tank, CAMO

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
That fuel filter is fully serviceable, the tank on the other hand need full R&R, I’ve done what seems like hundreds.
the real issue is injection pump and check valves…
YES to all of that and more. (y) My post is to simply show what can be going on in the tank. Thinking it thru to the whole fuel delivery system. One would not want crap (maybe beer) flowing thru one blood system... so just pointing out what can be lurking in the tank and shut down that NU to U HumV. Take the time to do it right and PMCS before that first test run turns into a... POS and more $$$, time and frustration when it should / could be FUN.

Sung to "Dem Bones" with a twist.
Tank connected to the pick-up, pick-up connected to the check valve, check valve connected to the lift pump, lift pump to the fuel filter...... By the time one gets to the Tail Pipe verse... pretty much covered it.

Funny song , BUT just got off the phone with a customer with a no start... having gone thur the whole system. (not funny)

Sing along or cry with, CAMO

Not in the TM's but could be helpful. Insert part names as needed. Work in all cases. LOL

PUSHING A HUMV.jpg When was that PMCS due ?

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks