• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

numbers and letters on bumpers???

Deuceswild

When I purchased mine it was stenciled with the figures " 34-202ADA" on the front bumper, both right and left sides, same thing on the rear bumperettes,
I was told the " ADA " stood for Air Defense Artillery, but I don't know if that is true, can anyone clarify the letters and numbers for me :?:
Thanks,
Jeff

ida34

The link shows them to be part of the 42nd ID attached to 18th airborne corp. It looks like the units were reorganized recently and perhaps the 202 was integrated after you got your vehicle. It would help to know what battalion of the 202 it served in.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M543A2 said:
To Mr. August:
I read your brief explanations to mean the same thing EMMADO22 thought it did. I do not think it is a good idea for one member to put down another with a negative remark as you did. It is good to correct misunderstandings, but not to use put-downs. I would not have appreciated it.
Thanks Marti
Thanks for the observation and putting your feelings out there...I feel the same way. We don't need to go that way.

Deuceswild

ida34 said:
The link shows them to be part of the 42nd ID attached to 18th airborne corp. It looks like the units were reorganized recently and perhaps the 202 was integrated after you got your vehicle. It would help to know what battalion of the 202 it served in.
ida34, how would I go about finding that information? any thoughts?
Thanks, Jeff

ida34

The battalion should be before the 202. Such as 1-202 to be 1st battalion of the 202nd ada battalion. I was in 5/8th FA while at I was with the 101st. It was the 5th battalion of the 8 Field Artillery Regiment. I then went to Korea and was in the 2nd Infantry division. My unit was 4/8th FAR (if I remember right). The 4th battalion of the 8th Field Artillery Regiment. An ADA unit probably was like this with the different battalions being attached to different divisions. Some regiments are stationed together as in the 320th FA regiment at Fort Campbell. All the battalions are stationed together to form the 101st division artillery. If you check the link above to global security and I think you could fool around searching to find out where all the battalions of he 202nd ada are.

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay My truck was part of the Red Bulls I assume(I put their stickers on) 34 2 I35 A is the right bumper. HQ 32 and 40 are the left(40 overtop the 32)
Please decipher. I gather it was the Red bull Division in Iowa and MN per the 34, what do the 2 and I?35 A mean?

Last edited:

phil2968

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks