• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Nut Size ?

redass73

I am getting ready to start my hub seal job on the rear of the 816. need to know the size of the axle nuts. need to get everything lined up as to limit the down time for the truck. any tips or advice would be helpfull.
Thanks
Rick

i dont know the weight of these but i do know they are kinda heavy. if you have the luxury of concrete and a engine hoist, your back will thank you. i have been working out in the dirt so i have to just bull them. even a plank and a floor jack would prob work.

redass73

oh yes she will be sitting inside on concrete. I have air, jacks,fork lift and the other basic shop stuff. just dont want any surprises.. any other tips...
thanks
rick

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd guess at 4-3/8" & 4-7/8". I don't show 4-7/16" and 4-15/16" sockets.
Let me know if you can't find them locally, I'll check my stock tomorrow.

cornrichard

There is a thread on changing the seals somewhere here. They recommend leaving the wheels bolted to the hub and sliding them off with a dolly or on a greased sheet of tin. This is a lot easier on the back. Have fun.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
4 - 15/16'' and 4 - 7/16'' inner. this is the exact measurment of the sockets. they fit just a tiny bit loose but not TO loose. now go get greasy! :)

Im going to believe that you guess is incorrect and you need to deleat you post so no one gets the wrong idea when they do a search. Thanks

Last edited:

crasheej

I just went out and checked my issue socket and it measures 4 15/16 and 4 7/16 so you can call it 4 3/8 and 4 7/8 if you want I just know what mine reads.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks