• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NV4500 AA Clutch Slave problem

Corvette1974

Hello,

I have a slight problem with my Advance Adapters clutch slave cylinder bracket. First, I had to cut the tube part and half the length of it so the slave boot and hardware could even fit on. And the slave when compressed upon install, would constantly be putting pressure on the throwout bearing. This isn't right...I called AA and the guy said "Add a return spring". Easier said than done...Do you guys have any hints? I can add a spring, but will need to go get one from who knows where. How did the factory do this and not use a return spring?

Will

Corvette1974

I did what they did here

http://www.fourwheeler.com/how-to/transmission-drivetrain/131-0705-1986-chevy-1-ton-5-speed-manual-transmission-swap/#photo-22

- Shortened the bracket for more clearance because the flywheel is thicker. I cut about 3/4 an inch out and welded it back up so now everything fits and the clutch should work as intended. The pushrod only stick out like 1/4 an inch however when the slave is compressed and the free play for the TO is set. Hopefully this wont cause any problems as the clutch wears.

So now the returning is the only part that I am stuck on...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks