• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

nv4500 or 700r4?

Croatan_Kid

There are several different passenger side drop divorce mount NP205s. Chevy, Dodge, and even some larger International trucks had them IIRC. Ford made them too, just the wrong drop for what you'd need.

However, running a divorced t-case would be my last resort. Especially since it's not hard to run a 205 behind an NV4500 or a 700R4.

Croatan_Kid

Did they ever use the NP200? Almost identical to the 205 and just as strong, if not, stronger. I think it had a big goofy parking brake drum on the rear output.

mtjbrown

Kid, didn't you have a 700r4 for a while before you got the cummins? My only holdup now is the adapter for the 205 to the 700r4. I can buy different output shaft from odff-road design but i don't know what to use to physically BOLT the two together. Do you know??:-?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
NP200 was not used in the GM 4x4s. Mr Brown, the adapter you need is a GM part used in the 68 to 73 trucks that mated a 350 turbo to the 205 case. It has the same bolt pattern as the 700R4. I don't recall if you had to massage a seal surface or not but that is the adapter you need. Used to be plentiful but not anymore. Usually they have one of the mount ears broken off.