• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Nv4500 swap question

dstang97

I have a 1996 nv4500 out of a k2500 350 gas jobber. The only thing I can't figure out is the hydraulic line. What did you guys do to adapt a internal slave hose to a 86+ master?

southdave

Brake line and compression fitting..Heads up OD dave gave me this info the master is a tad smaller bore diameter than the external slave for nv4500.. so bleed well and adjust your focrum ball accordingly.. if it stop raining I can get a pic

Last edited:

dstang97

Brake line and compression fitting..Heads up OD dave gave me this info the master is a tad smaller bore diameter than the external slave for nv4500.. so bleed well and adjust your focrum ball accordingly.. if it stop raining I can get a pic
I tried PMing Dave but has not been on in a while. My clutch line is flexible plastic and stainless steel braided. I can't find one person that has done this swap using and internal slave.

southdave

4spd master to 5 speed slave

SORRY I have to get sleep the I have external slave from a 96 forgot to read carefully. Ok I remember looking for solution for mine. On the net , A guy/ company made a wedge to mount the 5sp master to the sm465 pedal assembly.. maybe this will work?
http://www.novak-adapt.com/catalog/clutch/kit_hcrc.htm

Yeah, mine is the same I cut the flex section out the set used a borrowed flare set made the connection acorrdingly.. if still need photos let me know. 923 photo dump 026.jpg923 photo dump 023.jpg923 photo dump 027.jpg923 photo dump 023.jpg

Last edited:

rlltide12

The way i made mine was buy a stock 1993 hose, cut it up and use only the steel tubing portion, flare brake line fitting on it, and had a custom hydraulic hose that went from inverted double flare at the steel line to bubble at the 86 master cylinder. Very similar to southdave except i used an 86 master rather than the newer master.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks