• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NV4500 to NP208?

transman

prior to 97 the clusters were muli piece units 97 & later do use a one piece shaft I've got an old four wheeler mag that i bookmarked. they did the math on the possible combos .

Firejareen

The 4wheeler mag article was something like taking a Dodge main shaft and swapping it into a Chevy early 4500. Also changing the third gear from Chevy to Dodge. And since its out, change the reverse from Chevy to Dodge. That changes the 3-4 shift to closer and then also all the gears are synchronized

transman

that article was reprinted in an advance adapters 4500 conversion brochure #nv001 .a call to AD failed to come up any reprints. I know Ihave the info around here in this mess someplace. just gotta find it.

acesneights1

I am planning this swap as well. Will the 93 6.5td flywheel work on a j code 6.2 ? How did you make the hyd line work ? what master did you use ?

kjcedar

I no longer have the 6.2 diesel; I swapped in a gas engine. For my hydraulic line I used a combination of two lines. From the '84 clutch master cylinder runs a stock line which I combined into a '95 line that runs to a '95 slave clyinder. A little pricey to have to use 2 lines but it works.

acesneights1

NP208 Bolted right up but work of warning, I used a 6.5TD flywheel and the DD starter hits it. I'm screwed I have to see if the starter shop can build me a 24v GR starter. I grond the piss out of the DD one for now but I need to change over or convert the truck to 12v which I really don;t want to do.

dstang97

Contact Ohio generator. He can build you a gr. He used to supply them to the military back in the day. Plus he stands behind his work. If u want to get rid of the oem keep me in mind

acesneights1

Is the sol from the GR and the DD the same ? I will probably get it from Guys Auto electric in South Windsor. Dstang, the starter is now butchered. The flywheel ground a groove in it so I took the grinder and hogged it out more for now. Check my thread at DP. When I get time I will copy and paste it all here. A few minor issues but overall not too bad.

Atwater

the orignal nose cone on the cucv starter is for an automatic application. if you do some looking around you should be able to find a nose cone from a standard shift application. (i got a new one off ebay) that should clear just fine2cents:beer:

SuperAwesomeDOOD

I’m waiting on my nv4500 to get here to do this swap. I was under the impression that you unbolt the th400 from the oem adapter/mount and bolt the nv4500 to the oem adapter/mount in place of the th400. Is this correct? I’m asking due to the comment earlier in this thread that said to remove the adapter.

Thanks for the help.

erasedhammer

I’m waiting on my nv4500 to get here to do this swap. I was under the impression that you unbolt the th400 from the oem adapter/mount and bolt the nv4500 to the oem adapter/mount in place of the th400. Is this correct? I’m asking due to the comment earlier in this thread that said to remove the adapter.

Thanks for the help.
No. The th400 to t-case adapter plate cannot be used. There are mounting holes on the nv4500 tail housing that you will have to fabricate a spacer to bolt it to the cross member.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks