• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NW company that can mount HMMWV wheels/tires/runflats?

dma251

I've given up trying to get these 24 bolt wheels and tires mounted and holding air. I've got a PVC (Wigsplitter/Trailworthy) insert in one, and the standard Hutchinson runflat in the other, and I can't get either to seal up and hold air.

Believe it or not, I mounted all 9 of my HEMTT wheels and tires in my driveway by myself without power tools, but I am not nearly as strong or poor as I was then. Now I'd rather just pay someone to do this for me so I can move on to more interesting aspects of my M1165A1.

Does anyone know of a tire shop in the North Seattle area that can just do this for me? I have new correct O-rings, nuts, etc.

rcamacho

Not much help on a tire shop recommendation. That said I’ve done this a few times. The o rings can be tiresome unless they sit well in the groove while you bolt the wheel halves together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would try again with new (or another batch of) o-rings. I had one of four of my 12-bolt wheels that, after assembly, still leaked. I had the foresight to buy five o-rings for four wheels, so I swapped the spare one in and it's been fine ever since.

Any shop you take it to is going to do the very same thing you did- so what will change if you pay them to try? If the input conditions are the same, you cannot expect a different output.

Also, I doubt the runflats or PVC beadlocks are the issue, it's most likely the o-ring or the wheel itself. I have the PVC beadlocks in mine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks