• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

O.R.D. 4" Lift

Whitfield, click on the first photo in my last post and it will show how the rear wheel gets moved forward when using a shackle flip type lift on the rear. By moving the rear spring pivot point downward a total of 8" it changes the wheel position quite a bit. Works fine but still bugs me looks-wise. I like the zero rates not just for repositioning, but you also get another 1" of lift.

WARWAG

I have not seen a need to re center either axle. Everything works just fine as is from ORD. I will take a picture in the morning and post sometime when I get back in later. My truck is now unloaded as I just dumped about 2k in 3/4" rock on my remote driveway. I just remounted my spare in the bed. You can see what a standard 4" lift looks like.

cuffnstuff

Looks like a nice kit. I wanted to put a 4" lift on my M1010 and was looking for input as to the best plce to shop for a kit/ the best on the market for overall "value". I am planning mild off roading, and am looking for reasonable "road manners".

WARWAG

Sure you could get every individual part (or simular) a bit cheaper somewhere else but you can get EVERYTHING from one source at Off Road Designs. Ipretty much ordered individual items after I ordered the 4" kit. Items like the sway bar disconnect I believe are pretty much OFD products as well as the pvc coated stainless steel brake lines. There greasable shackles are also a OFD product. You moight save a few bucks here and there but why? I mean really, do you need to save $20 or $30 bucks? To me I like just one source. One call and its on its way. One person to deal with for just about everything you could ever want to build your lift. Anyway thats just my opinion.

No offense but you can save a heck of a lot more than twenty or thirty bucks. They have nice stuff but at a very premium price. They buy most of the stuff like springs, greasable bushings etc from somewhere else and resell of to us in "kit" form for our convenience. I seriously wish I would have went a different route. Plus I got wrong parts and some defective parts. That can happen anywhere but I was treated very rudely by the owners Steve and his wife.. Just my opinion.

WARWAG

Sorry to hear that Twomorestrokes. I do not know how much money one could save off each individual piece. As far as dealing with Steve and his wife I have no idea who I dealt with. The lady who answered the phone always knew who I was and had my vehicle info in the computer and always sent me the right stuff. Maybe they improved there data base to avoid problems like you had? That to is just a guess. Anyway I will post a pic of my trucks ride hieght here in a few minutes.

Last edited:

WARWAG

I had the engine oil change and the transmissioned flushed at Oil Can Henrys. They got oil all over the side and front of my truck. BUT at least the transfluid inside the entire transmission has been flushed out. The transmission has always shifted great after I fixed the leaky vacuum lines. Just nice knowing its all fesh inside.

Looks good Warwag. And familiar. Personally I prefer the axles relocated but the way the shackle flip works the rear is going to be off center one way or the other. Without the relocation the wheel will be forward in the opening unloaded and will move to center under heavy load. With relocation, the wheel will be centered unloaded and move rearward under heavy load. The change in position is more extreme with the longer shackles.