• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

O rings on power steering lines at box

Btharbold

Hi everyone,

Changing out the steering box on my 1045. Someone before me decided not to tighten the pinch bolt on the coupler at the box so it trashed the steering shaft too, oh well another new part lol.

Question is on the power steering lines where they attach to the box. I know the high pressure hose uses an o ring seal on the tip of the hose. The return line fitting when unscrewed from the box has a similar style fitting. Does the return side get an o ring as well. Searched the TMs and cant find a clear answer or pic that shows the o rings.

Thanks,

Brad

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Isn't the return line a flair fitting? they are easy to tell apart, the o ring fitting has a shoulder on the fitting for the o ring and the flair has a tapered face where it seals, picture would help.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also look in the old box for an o ring, sometimes they stick in there, if it was an o ring fitting it would not have worked at all without the oring, IIRC it is a flair fitting...

Btharbold

The return line was not a normal flare, it has the extended nipple that looks similar to the pressure line. I will examine closer. The box was a wet greasy mess. Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks