• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

oa 331 rebuild

earnie

hi all does any body have a copy of the tm to rebuild the oa331
as i am about to embark on this project after discovering that
i had spun a main and damaged the oil pump
just doing a preliminary look tells me that a rebuild needs to be done
thanks in advance for any and all help

Barrman

The pre 1965 manuals in the online manual section covers it. So does a 1954 published manual called a TM9-8022.

I don't know about civilian OA331 engine books, but that might be another resource to look at.

JasonS

If you were closer, I'd sell you one of my good spare powerpacks (engine/ tranny, radiator) for $200. I have a lot of spare parts, too. Let me know if I can help.

earnie

The pre 1965 manuals in the online manual section covers it. So does a 1954 published manual called a TM9-8022.

I don't know about civilian OA331 engine books, but that might be another resource to look at.
wich online manual would i have to look at
so far i have seen the removal task,the cylinder head removal,distribuitor repair ect
but havent found the tear down manual ref yet
thanks in advance

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you were closer, I'd sell you one of my good spare powerpacks (engine/ tranny, radiator) for $200. I have a lot of spare parts, too. Let me know if I can help.
That's a heck of a deal. Where in SD are you? I need a radiator.

JasonS

It is in southeast SD (Yankton). I have three to sell. I can run the first two.

1) $200 OA331: new exhaust manifold, full flow oil filter, civvy ignition, runs great but needs head gasket (low compression on two adjacent cylinders and coolant in oil), good oil pressure, silicone valve cover gasket, includes transmission, radiator, and run-in stand. Civvy carb, alternator, and starter not included.

2) $350 Reo OA331: appears to be low mileage unit, full flow oil filter, civvy ignition, runs great (consistent compression), good oil pressure, and silicone valve cover gasket. Includes transmission, radiator, starter, air compressor, and engine run-in stand. New 100 amp alternator is $100 extra.

3) $100 OA331: ran but needs lower end work. No starter, clutch, alternator, air comp, or exhaust manifold. Tag with the truck claimed new head. However, it seemed like it needed valve stem seals.

I have a bearing sets, manifolds, air compressors, alternators, and voltage regulators, gaskets, manuals, etc for OA331 engines.

Contact me for details or questions.

earnie

It is in southeast SD (Yankton). I have three to sell. I can run the first two.

1) $200 OA331: new exhaust manifold, full flow oil filter, civvy ignition, runs great but needs head gasket (low compression on two adjacent cylinders and coolant in oil), good oil pressure, silicone valve cover gasket, includes transmission, radiator, and run-in stand. Civvy carb, alternator, and starter not included.

2) $350 Reo OA331: appears to be low mileage unit, full flow oil filter, civvy ignition, runs great (consistent compression), good oil pressure, and silicone valve cover gasket. Includes transmission, radiator, starter, air compressor, and engine run-in stand. New 100 amp alternator is $100 extra.

3) $100 OA331: ran but needs lower end work. No starter, clutch, alternator, air comp, or exhaust manifold. Tag with the truck claimed new head. However, it seemed like it needed valve stem seals.

I have a bearing sets, manifolds, air compressors, alternators, and voltage regulators, gaskets, manuals, etc for OA331 engines.

Contact me for details or questions.
hi sir i am interested in the manuals for this engine, as i would love to rebuild this beast it looks like fun to me
thanks in advance