• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oa331 compression test

mthullm54a2

I am going through my 51 REO with a gas engine and gave it a compression test all cylinders are around 90 psi it seams kind of low but I don't know much about these engines it dose not burn oil but when we first started it up it was sitting for a couple years and had water in the oil and I was getting some bubbling out of the radiator after an oil change and water just to drive it home now oil in water but brought a gasket set to replace the head gasket just to be safe but my question is is that an ok compression for the engine 90 psi

texas30cal

I'm not familiar with that particular engine, but the rule of thumb for gas engines is 90 psi minimum to run, it may be hard to start (esp a 2 stroke) and probably won't run very well .

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That engine has wet sleeves, meaning there are O-rings between the cylinder and block. The water can be coming from there as well.

Mackafd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a few military reo 331 engines and a few of the civil. ones and the books all say 140 psi. but every one of my engines that are in running truck are all around 80-100

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks