• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

OBD2 Port Location 2008 M1123

tauteur

I'm wondering if I can hook up an OBD2 scanner on this to see why its overheating. Full of oil, full of tranny fluid, full of coolant - overheats after a few miles and loses power, then shuts off. If I let the vehicle sit for a minute, it starts back up and drives again for another half mile or less.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No computer on the engine, just the trans and it does not have an OBD port, the engine is all mechanical, probably restricted fuel. filter/pickup screen or bad lift pump or leaking fuel line sucking air.

tauteur

No computer on the engine, just the trans and it does not have an OBD port, the engine is all mechanical, probably restricted fuel. filter/pickup screen or bad lift pump or leaking fuel line sucking air.
Would that be the case if it runs fine initially but after it heats up and drives for a while it starts to bog down and stop?

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Would that be the case if it runs fine initially but after it heats up and drives for a while it starts to bog down and stop?
Could be for sure, it might also be a plugged fuel tank vent try loosening the fuel cap it when it fails and see if it pulls air into the tank, IE vacuum on the tank.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All there is, is fuel, air and compression, heat usually has nothing to do with it not running, they run hot anyway.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
220 is more or less normal, do you hear the fan kicking in and out? they are rather noisy.
There is a wide variance to the accuracy of the gauges, but it will happily run fine until you completely cook the engine, not likely why it is shutting down.
230-235 is max.
You obviously are used to engines with an ECM that would cut power back when over heated, no such thing on this engine.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
All there is, is fuel, air and compression, heat usually has nothing to do with it not running, they run hot anyway.
Db2 pumps are notorious for shutting off when they get hot. Or they won't restart when hot. Pour cold water on the pump and they fire right back up.

Pstyckiewicz

Got a question relevant to cold advance. I put a new cold advance in since mine was broken. I put the new one in and on the new wires are both labeled 589. The wires from the truck are 589A and 589B. Since install my wait light flashes. It starts and runs fine. Not sure if the wires being crossed at cold advance could make the wait light flash. In addition I changed all the glow plugs.

Attachments

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am assuming you are talking about the cold advance switch, not the cold advance solenoid in the IP, there are more than one component in the cold advance system.
If you are talking about the switch it matters not which way it is plugged in.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks