• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

OBX Road trip! M-37 from Carova to Ocracoke, NC

USMC4302

20160728_084751.jpg20160730_154123.jpg20160729_134658.jpgcurrituck-2.jpgDSC_0182.jpgDSC_0189.jpgmilliman63m37.jpg

Thought you guys might enjoy some pics from my recent roadtrip to the Outerbanks of North Carolina a couple of weekends ago. The truck, with its new HEI ignition, did pretty well driving NC12 from Corova to Orgeon Inlet across the bridge to Hatteras Island and then to the ferry to Ocracoke. And then all the way back to Nag's Head. Did about 15 miles on the beach. Wingman was a '51 Power Wagon. Other than a vapor lock episode (it was HOT!!) and a plugged fuel filter, the truck ran great. Did good on the sand. Lots of waves and thumbs up from all the modern beach vehicles -- we were like rock stars out there :)

Fun times!

FrankUSMC

Just down the coast from me, and not even a "hello"....
Glad you had a good time, and yes, it has been hot!
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 37 looks great and it looks like a blast to be in the beach sand like that! That 51 Power Wagon is Beautiful as it gets! I saw one just like this last year around Duluth MN and it was flawless inside and out and under. After seeing that I really figured I needed one of these, that is until I saw the prices, in decent shape but some rust maybe runs, 25K the one I was looking at was probably near 45 to 50K, I can buy a whole lot of M37s for that!
KK

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks