• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oct 25 Saturday Washington Arms Collectors in Puyallup, WA

JH1

Mark your calendars for the upcoming military vehicle display at the big gun show. It's the biggest show of the year for the Washington Arms Collectors (www.washingtonarmscollectors.org) and we put on a big display every year there. Several thousand (no kidding) people come to this event, and we are placed between the entry gate and the Pavillion where the gunshow tables are. Everyone attending the show has to walk past or through our display.

We welcome all military vehicles in any condition and all eras. We have vehicles that have been heavily modified, too. We typically have around 20 vehicles show up. There will be some money available for fuel compensation, but no guarantees that we can cover all of the fuel costs. If you haul in an M1 Abrams tank from Oklahoma, don't expect to get your fuel covered! :cookoo: If you have a large vehicle coming from a long ways away, check with me first. The fuel money comes out of the pocket of the Washington Arms Collectors, which is a private gun club, and while we want to offer help vehicle owners to attend, we also need to watch our expenses.

The event is held at the Washington State Fairgrounds in Puyallup, WA on Meridian, just south of hiway 512. Vehicles enter through the ORANGE gate on the west side of the fairgrounds (side farthest away from Meridian). Tell them you are with the military vehicle display. Any questions: have them call me to resolve it. Vehicle owners get in free with their vehicle. We need to be in place by 0800 for safety reasons. WAC lets the public in the gates at 0800 and they need us to be parked in place by that time. You can also drop your vehicle off the night before (Friday 24 Oct) if you prefer. The fairgrounds are locked and patrolled at night. We need to stay until at least 2pm before moving vehicles out. Since WAC is providing courtesy fuel money, we need to reciprocate by keeping the display going until 2.

Guns: The rules of the road are on the WAC website (above). Essentially, the only live guns allowed onto the Fairgrounds are those carried by WAC club members. De-milled guns are fine. WAC members can carry unloaded, zip-tied firearms with unloaded magazines. They will be checking at all entrances to the event. You can also join WAC right there if you want. Please feel free to wander into the Pavillion and browse the tables. You can buy anything there except for firearms if you are not a member of WAC. There is usually lots of military surplus stuff available in there. Lots of firearm and knife displays, too.

This event is hosted by the Washington Arms Collectors. I am the point man for WAC. I will be circulating around and handing out a short form for people to fill out if they are interested in fuel money. I just need name, address to send the check to, type of vehicle, etc. I only use the info to send you money.

I've probably left out something really important, so check back here. PM me with any questions. See you there!:tank:

Jim

JH1

Excellent! We do the show, rain or shine. Even if it rains, we have fun. Lots of veterans are counting on us being there. I've seen many of them bring their kids and grandkids to show them some of the history they participated in.
Jim

Amer-team

I am planning on being there too. Probably the M923, but maybe the GPW depending on the weather. The 923 is a more comfortable ride for the 65 mile oneway trip. The FOWJ group is coming too. So far I have heard 3 vehicles, WW2's.

Amer-team

Do they have any particular theme for the show. We are coming up on the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge. With the WW2 movie Fury that is out, WW2 might be a hot topic again for awhile.

JH1

There is no theme. We just appreciate everyone that brings in a vehicle to show. The veterans bring their grandkids to show them a bit of their history, sometimes. All eras are invited to come. We have some assistance for fuel costs. See the earlier posts.

Jim

JH1

Watching the University of Washington Atmospheric Sciences computer modeling and Friday appears to clear out significantly, with a smaller system coming in from the south on Saturday, but nothing big like we have now. I would plan for some rain, though. Not a washout, by any means. See you there!
Jim

JH1

Most excellent! Everyone here certainly understands Pacific Northwest weather. It'll probably rain some and be clear some. We can just run into Kurt's man-cave during the rainy parts. :)
Jim

Amer-team

Sounds like my truck batteries. Went to start tonight and it barely turned over. It did start, so have it on the charger. It is definitely time to think about some new batteries. If it doesn't start in the morning. Will call and let you know.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks