• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

odd motor swap/tranny idea

tm america

mine goes over seventy just need 15.5 80r 20s and turn the fuel up easy fix i love passing the semis on the eway they are use to seeing the slow convoys they do a double take when i blow by em doing seventy five

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
HelloSweetk30! I was thinking the same thing. I got a 6-71 with 13sp overdrive. The only problem going with Detroits is they make more noise than a Deuce and leak more oil. I was thinking of building a Deuce to go 70mph. Any buyers??!! Phil
Yea you do 70 and kill someone and we all look like hell in the public's eyes.
I like 45. 45 is a good speed. If you guys want speed buy a different type of truck and have at it. I am willing to bet one of you guys gets all of us screwed.

Last edited:

Swint

I am going to put blazer axles out of my cucv in to get a better gearing for the highway. I also plan to put disk brakes on the rear axle to help with braking. I know it has been done before.
You have no idea how hard I'm laughing at that statement.

So, your wanting to put half-ton axles under a 2.5 ton diesel truck? That's just stupid.

sirmrtow

Why do you guys wanna go 75 in a truck thats ment to go 50-55
when you put on those bigger tires did you upgrade your brakes
i bet not
bet it takes you half mile to stop from 75mph
leave them alone keep them stock :-d

tm america

no it doesnt stop to bad at all i drive it 25 miles each way to work single 15.5 80r 20s weigh a little less than dual 9.00s but maore than single 9.00s so you gain a little rotating weight in the front but loose weight in the back just the leverage factor nut it will still lock em up so if that isnt enough brakes i dont know what you are looking for i dont get any brake fade havent had much more than 10000 pounds behind it since i put the tires on but ill let you know how it does next time i haul my backhoe

tm america

stock is fine but bigger is better:twisted: i ussually keep it around sixty five or so unless theres no traffic. good truck bad driver people die .good driver bad truck things are ok. i dont use the road as a drag strip .its still a duece!!!! i get passed by ugos just not school busses anymore:-D