• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

odd overheat.

Whiterabbit

Been tracking down an overheat issue.
New water pump, old one's seals failed.
New thermostat.
Flushed and cleaned the cooling system a dozen times.

Last issue I thought might be causing the high rpm overheat was slightly loose belts. Nope.
Head torque good. Head gasket good.
What's this----
The rocker arm shaft was slightly rotated!
Low oil flow!! That was it!

Oh, vote for my M151A2 for MV of the month!
MUTTS RULE!!

HILLBILLY 06

Been tracking down an overheat issue.
New water pump, old one's seals failed.
New thermostat.
Flushed and cleaned the cooling system a dozen times.

Last issue I thought might be causing the high rpm overheat was slightly loose belts. Nope.
Head torque good. Head gasket good.
What's this----
The rocker arm shaft was slightly rotated!
Low oil flow!! That was it!

Oh, vote for my M151A2 for MV of the month!
MUTTS RULE!!
So having low oil flow and a slightly rotated rocker arm shaft can make it over heat?
Do you have low oil pressure in general, or just that one rocker that caused the issue?
Oh and I voted for your Mutt earlier, great looking all around...

Flyingvan911

You might remove the engine and pull out the freeze plugs. My friends engine was flushed a bunch too but when he pulled the freeze plugs he found a bunch of large junk in the coolant passages.

Wheat1

Might check timing also. Mine would overheat after about ten miles at highway speed. I put timing light on it and adjusted timing. That took care of problem.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks