• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Odd way to start a CUCV

Aswayze

RE: Re: RE: Odd way to start a CUCV

We are trying to get some info on it from the last users but as of yet we really do not have much to work with as far as "how long has it sat"

Fuel did not look overtly horrible as diesel fuel goes and I do not think we have a fuel supply problem based on the flow of fuel at the filter when I bleed the system out. I suppose it is easy enough to cover that base by simply pumping all the fuel out of the tank and sequestering it in my fuel stash I run my torpedo heater with in the winter. That thing doesn't care a whit about fuel quality.

@ CCATLETT1984: Thanks for the tip on the Ether thing. Every balky diesel guy I know swears by that stuff. My personal diesels always seem to start and run just fine without prompting so I have never much messed with that stuff. I had figured the vac lines probably ran to the trans since they were certainly headed that way, I just wanted to make sure that they did not otherwise make a difference to the IP.

We pulled this thing up the drive with my Deuce today and Stagg spent the day working on all the interior stuff and doing some rust remediation while I painted my Duece. Figured that since we were already in the body work mode we would just hit the CUCV at the same time. Compared to the Deuce, painting the CUCV will take mere moments and hardly a dribble of 383 green paint.

I think at this point we are basically planning on replacing the IP or if I can manage to scrounge an entire engine that I can hear run for near IP prices, we might just swap the whole thing since I would not want to have Stagg drop a bunch of money on an IP and then find out there are no pistons in it or something.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks