• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ODDBALL007's newest toy

ODDBALL007

ok here we have a 1967 M35a2 which i believe was a gasser and they took out and installed this diesel engine. This motor is quick on take off and has the Whistler turbo. I jus bought the top from clintogf for a 145 bucks shipped. It was a deal to say the least. I installed it because i saw JIMMA have one and well he is my lil wrestlin buddy, so i did one too. I like the tach add on too.....It was repainted in 2004 and well pretty much sat. Now i have something to take out on trail rides. I have a ??? tho. How does the 6 wheel drive work. It has a sprag front end.

Attachments

Last edited:

Capt.Marion

When the rear end starts to slip, the transfer case automatically engages the front end. I'm not an expert though. Some folks on here have much more Sprag experience--hopefully they will chime in.

Do the latest TMs cover trucks without airshift transfer cases?

Capt.Marion

I would do some searching... try things like "sprag," "sprage", "sprague," etc... to cover all the different ways that we misspell it. I feel like there have been some good posts on the sprag transfer case before, but I'm not sure whether they were in the deuce section, or the 5-ton section. (And the 5-ton sprags work differently than the ones on the deuces).

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Could be a broken front axle, or out of adjustment also do not roll back while in a forward gear and don't roll forward while in reverse

ODDBALL007

ok ive tried and tried to make this front end spin and no luck. Im going to do a search on sprag front ends, but if some one has links to where i neede to search please send the link

Attachments

A

A/C Cages

Sprag means, It will work only when it feels like working and even then it only works halfway.

No clue what they were thinking when they made those POS sprags.

Its funny, everyone is buying left and right more toys and I just got the bad news that I have to start selling off my toys.

stevegr

ok here we have a 1967 M35a2 which i believe was a gasser and they took out and installed this diesel engine. This motor is quick on take off and has the Whistler turbo. I jus bought the top from clintogf for a 145 bucks shipped. It was a deal to say the least. I installed it because i saw JIMMA have one and well he is my lil wrestlin buddy, so i did one too. I like the tach add on too.....It was repainted in 2004 and well pretty much sat. Now i have something to take out on trail rides. I have a ??? tho. How does the 6 wheel drive work. It has a sprag front end.
I was curious about that a while back....spoke to a guy here in Apopka, FL that drove Deuces in Nam. He said the ones he drove were sprag and therefore did not have the air engage system. He said the way they worked was as follows: After at least one side of one of the rear axles spun one full revolution, then the front axle would engage. He said it was a bad design because by the time the rear wheels spun one full revolution, you already dug yourself a hole.

RAYZER

I have a sprag transfer case on my winch deuce(soon to be road tractor), I hav'nt taken it through a hole or up a hill yet...i hope it works.:driver:

ODDBALL007

Ok it has been a while but i pulled The Oddballs General out of retirement. I couldn't get sprague to work so i bought a air shift transfer case from RAYZER and I am having Ted korpi install and do a few other things. I broke down an bought a air shift kit from ebay n gonna install before GA rally

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks