• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

odds of cucv not painted w/ carc

warwick

a few questions...

where all cucv's painted with carc?

got my '86 M1008 from GL at Fort Meade[sept '08] the hood is basically bare metal/rust and the rest of the paint is faded [see pic]

would carc fade like this?

Anyway to tell if its carc or regular paint?

I plan on repainting the M1008 with regular paint, I'm going to use a grinder with a wire wheel to knock the loose paint off and as much rust as I can...

... health hazards with carc chips and dust in my driveway? ...I have dogs, would there be any concerns after my asphalt driveway is washed down and the chips/dust is in the dirt and grass?

Thanks for the advice

Brian

Attachments

AJMBLAZER

Yep, CARC will fade like that. Check out a lot of the GL sales and you'll see many similar trucks. That truck was probably never repainted or had any care given to the paint.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
WARWICK: My reco...just replace the hood. They are around. Call John Winslow (252-883-2509). The hood seems to be the worst area of surface rust. With the hood replaced, you can tackle the more manageable fenders. Less sanding...less CARC dust...less risk. When you get ready to tackle the fenders, simply give them a rough sanding and paint the rust areas with POR15. The POR15 will permanently seal the rust and you can paint over it like a primer. I used POR15 on a trailer that sat outside for over five years since then...no rust has come through.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks