• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Off-road Magazine Article about M109 camper

SP5

Yeah, saw that mag in the store, nice, well layed-out interior. Being able to have a real shower is bliss. I guess that toilet facilities are one of the hardest things to set-up,,porta potty?

tim292stro

Drop one of these in the shower when you're not taking a shower:

shopping.jpg

That way, if you "miss" you can just hose down the floor :). With the more compact floor-plans, you need to occasionally move things around to get everything to fit, think of it like "mode" (shower mode, dropping a deuce mode, going for a drive mode...). Another idea he could have used is to have a portable inductive hob, instead of a gas powered stove/oven - when you're not using it, just put it away, and you get more counter space.

About the only two things you can easily move in a design are the fridge and the sink.

zout

Jesusgatos has a very sweet one as well - now if he would come to the Ga Rally we could gather them all up and park together and start our own magazine.

We could invite them duck call folks to visit.

searls84

FYI:
This months issue (Mar. '14) of Petersen's 4-wheel and off-road magazine has a nice article about an M109 with a deluxe camper:

http://www.fourwheeler.com/features/1403-1974-am-general-m35a2-chameleon-xle/

greg
That 109 belongs to my next door neighbor/SS member (oilburner). If you look real hard in the background, me and my deuce are bringing up the rear. :) We had those photos shot last March, on the most terribly windy day you could imagine!! I can attest, he has done an awsome job with the RV conversion and incorporated some really neat ideas into it!

greg burns

searls84:
It would be very handy to have a next door neighbor with his skill set! I envy the guys on SS that have that level of expertise and craftsmanship. Some like Zout seem to be able to do the mechanical, the fabrication, and the carpentry.
The original magazine article has a good picture of your Deuce. It looks like it has a nice camo paint job.

greg

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
That 109 belongs to my next door neighbor/SS member (oilburner). If you look real hard in the background, me and my deuce are bringing up the rear. :) We had those photos shot last March, on the most terribly windy day you could imagine!! I can attest, he has done an awsome job with the RV conversion and incorporated some really neat ideas into it!
I have never seen this truck, is it a lake monster? or here in town?

searls84

I have never seen this truck, is it a lake monster? or here in town?
No he's here in town, lives right across the street from me. He mainly uses it for hunting and a couple camping trips.. He's got a pretty nice M151 he puts in the 105 to take hunting! It's almost a prefect fit.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
On-line version of the article had what appears to be some errors, calling the truck an M35A2, when it appears to be an M109 or an M185 shop van originally. Exterior paint is too matching everywhere for it to be a recent conversion on the bed. Nice article though.

searls84

searls84:
It would be very handy to have a next door neighbor with his skill set! I envy the guys on SS that have that level of expertise and craftsmanship. Some like Zout seem to be able to do the mechanical, the fabrication, and the carpentry.
The original magazine article has a good picture of your Deuce. It looks like it has a nice camo paint job.

greg
Yeah, what I would give to have the ingenuity and craftsmanship like zout and my neighbor! But like you said, it sure is handy having someone across the street that will trade a couple cold ones for some of those creative ideas! :) as you can tell, the article was nothing about my truck. I was there only as a last minute invite and on-looker that happened to be lucky enough to get caught on film. ;)

zout

EH - my neighbors house is for sale - wanna move to Lilburn Ga - you cannot believe how many folks want to be my neigbor - but then again I would take all of you over a few that are here already - how cool would that be.

MV neighborhood - heck with them HOA thingies

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks