• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Off-road trips--Hauling Mulch

mangus580

Helped the local snowmobile club make a trail through a swamp last Saturday... Lets just say that 12 hours in a deuce (half off-road) is alot of time!

See Pics...

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Oooohhhh.....a big Deere.............

Cool shots, I guess after all that driving your arms were sore and you couldn't hold the camera steady! rofl rofl

I'll be doing that soon, I have some places in my yard where grass won't grow (developer scraped all the topsoil off and it's all Ga. red clay now) and I think I am going to plow it and till in some mulch.

mangus580

Re: RE: Off-road trips--Hauling Mulch

clinto said:
Oooohhhh.....a big Deere.............
Actually, its a small deere! That thing is amazing though. He pulled a stuck pickup truck out with it, that a Toyota 4wd couldnt even pull the chain tight on!

clinto said:
Cool shots, I guess after all that driving your arms were sore and you couldn't hold the camera steady! rofl rofl.
I didnt take the pics.... Hell, I am in half of them!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: Off-road trips--Hauling Mulch

Mike is the guy with the calculator on his hip! LOL. The last pic looks like a huge steaming pile of poop.

mangus580

RE: Re: RE: Off-road trips--Hauling Mulch

Funny Kenny! (although true....)

Yeah, this mulch has been sitting for a few years (since our big ice storm in 03) You should see how the steam comes off it when its loaded!

mangus580

We worked on this trail again some today (in the rain!), and I got some video of driving down in. When the video starts, we had already driven up the lane through a field from the road. Its all down hill until I make the 2nd Left hand turn (by the pine tree) Its an interesting drive when its slick like today. We had to stop early, as I had a hard time getting out finally....

Video

alphadeltaromeo

Now let me ask a question here...not to be sassy or nothing, but why do you work when it's raining and a mucky trail...why don't ya'll do it when it's not wet, etc...earlier in the year? :roll: :?:

mangus580

rofl

a work day was scheduled for last sunday.... when it could happen. weather turned....

Tomorrow is supposed to be really nice!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That picture with your kid in the car seat in a deuce is PRICELESS! The future generation of deuce owners!...

And that, my friends, also is a rarity - a picture of Mike standing up drinking a beer, instead of sitting of sitting down drinking one. Definitely one for the record books! :)

mangus580

maddawg308 said:
And that, my friends, also is a rarity - a picture of Mike standing up drinking a beer, instead of sitting of sitting down drinking one. Definitely one for the record books! :)
Hate to break it to you, that was a Mountain Dew.... I dont drink. I have family members who do plenty of that for me!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks