• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Off Roading Gama Goat

Hey has anyone ever seen a gamma Goat or heard of a Gama Goat in Moab? I was thinking this weekend, I wonder how it would perform and what peoples reaction would be to it. But I have never heard of one down there before, and I cant find any pictures or stories.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I a not sure about that, I know lots of people take them to swampy environments, but I've never heard of one in a rocky environment. So yeah curios to see how it does, maybe I will take mine out there.

Werner Meisterburg used to run around the desert areas in his... should be some vids around... i think i have one stashed somewhere of one wheeling with a couple of jeeps in rocky terrain as well.... To be honest, not sure i'd call them a rock crawler

Spock

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Werner Meisterburg used to run around the desert areas in his... should be some vids around... i think i have one stashed somewhere of one wheeling with a couple of jeeps in rocky terrain as well.... To be honest, not sure i'd call them a rock crawler

Spock
With the multi-directional articulation I'd think the Goat would be a great rock crawler within reasonable ground clearance of the pan. I've seen videos of it doing a 90 degree embankment with no problem and twisting through a narrow rock gully should be easily doable.

That is a pretty sweet video, maybe when we get ours all finished we will go and do some capabilities testing on it. That could be fun and make a very interesting video.