• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Off Roading?

detroitmuscle1986

Anything man, really haha. I generally inspect an obstacle before I attempt it, and there have been numerous times where I have stood staring at the obstacle, saying to myself, there is nooooo way i'm going to make it over that climb or through that hole... ha but somehow, the cucv proves me wrong every time.

jeeplvr247

The thing i loved about my cucv was that it was just a toy and not my daily driver so whenever things stared to look bad i would just hit the gas and hold on. I been out to silver lake a few times but I have not had an MV out there jet, maybe this summer.

cucv1833

PHP:
The thing i loved about my cucv was that it was just a toy and not my daily driver so whenever things stared to look bad i would just hit the gas and hold onQUOTE]

:ditto:

I havent done much wheeling in mine (M1009) just a few trails and light mud. Where I live theres no fun stuff like rocks and hills. Just rice fields and mud holes and that gets old real quick.

I find the truck does ok for what it is. I'm about to get some 33" mud tires and go hit some real trails. Im running Goodyear A/T and its not at all impressive.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Off Road

Still paying the price for taking the 1010 'off road'. Will always pay the price when you beat your gear.

After a day of fun there can be hours and hours of work to get them road safe and bearing happy again.

It's more fun and cheaper to use your buddy's gear when going off road.

Mine get bathed and pampered daily.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZqvDw_vYDQ[/media]

Gottlos

Former 95B Ft Sam Houston
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've been out a few times with my M1009. Won't rock crawl or run through mud pits. So far my truck has done pretty well.

Last edited:

idM1028

My M1028A1 has done pretty well thus far. I've only managed to get it stuck twice and it's not for a lack of trying. I also make sure to carry a good bit of recovery stuff just in case. (logging chain, come-a-long, high lift jack, etc.)

A group of us go about once a month, ( when everone's rigs are working...lol ) there's several offroad parks we go to. the video was shot in Tracie City on some private leased land...

and mine has been through alot... successfully i might add... havent been riding much all winter due to needed upgrades... hope to be up and ready to go to land between the lakes by the end of the month...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Crwn5zztvw8[/media]

Last edited:

chevyCUCV

Most i have done is make a couple paths through some brush, hardly off roading as it once was a road like 20 years ago.

Cant wait to do some real stuff, but my truck is my driver and money maker so i have to take it easy for now

TCUCV

I have been quite a bit with my M1008, rock climbing and a good bit of mud. it's amazing what these trucks will handle with just good tires and a little clearance. Don't have pictures on this iPad but I'll try to post them up later

i have had my airforce m1008 basically stock other than tires buried a few times i have only been so stuck one time i had to pay to get out lol thier fun trucks but right now mines a money maker so i have to take it easy lol i love these things m1008s are awesome if u love the old chevys

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks