• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official '15 Ga. Rally Multimedia thread

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, it's official. I've lost about 200+ pictures and about an hour worth of video due to a faulty memory card. I bought a new 32gb high end memory card to record video from my phone, which records in Ultra-HD. I got home and didn't have anything on there. I sent the card back to SanDisk to see if anything could be done but that didn't turn out well. I heard back from them today and the card itself is phisically defective and nothing can be salvaged. Pissed is an understatement...

I did end up with 2 pictures though. When I removed the old card, my phone changed over to internal memory by default. It stayed that way after the new card was installed and I didn't catch it until after I took these pictures. These were on my internal memory.

My first pictures at the rally. Jonathon was gracious enough to let me ride, in what I've come to call the Mini-HET, while I figured out what was going on at the rally. We ended up stuck for a minute down there in the scratchy wood with the poison ivy briars, lol.

20151022_150745.jpg

20151022_151200.jpg

bchauvette

I feel for you bro!! No really feel for you. At least you can take solace that it isn't something you did wrong. You still get the Ata-boys.

Well, it's official. I've lost about 200+ pictures and about an hour worth of video due to a faulty memory card. I bought a new 32gb high end memory card to record video from my phone, which records in Ultra-HD. I got home and didn't have anything on there. I sent the card back to SanDisk to see if anything could be done but that didn't turn out well. I heard back from them today and the card itself is phisically defective and nothing can be salvaged. Pissed is an understatement...

I did end up with 2 pictures though. When I removed the old card, my phone changed over to internal memory by default. It stayed that way after the new card was installed and I didn't catch it until after I took these pictures. These were on my internal memory.

My first pictures at the rally. Jonathon was gracious enough to let me ride, in what I've come to call the Mini-HET, while I figured out what was going on at the rally. We ended up stuck for a minute down there in the scratchy wood with the poison ivy briars, lol.

View attachment 591883

View attachment 591886

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm wondering is these stupid phone cameras are starting to make sense? The quality is getting pretty good.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I just uploaded 518 images to my imgur account. This is everything I have: http://imgur.com/a/4FVyu

My friend shot all these and he worked the tent pretty much the whole time he was there so he didn't get any of the offroading action.

Also, there is a Facebook page for the event so go like it and tag all your friends. I've uploaded images from all the events, starting all the way back in 2006 in my backyard to now. There are albums for each year..............

https://www.facebook.com/GeorgiaMilitaryVehicleRally/

I'm wondering is these stupid phone cameras are starting to make sense? The quality is getting pretty good.
My Samsung Galaxy S6 shoot images at absurdly high resolution, 16 MP, 2988 x 5312 pixels and the video camera is 2160p@30fps, 1080p@60fps, 720p@120fps, HDR. The biggest downside to smartphone cameras is the lack of a wide angle lens-something I doubt will ever be fixed as it's easier (i.e. cheaper) for the manufacturers to keep tricking the public with higher and higher megapixel ratings. A wide angle lens is really what everyone should own as opposed to what comes on all point and shoot and smartphones.

That being said, I have a couple of very good cameras and I only use them for "artistic" work at this point-everything else (work included) is with my phone.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Swamp your not alone in that boat my dash can failed to work except a small portion of trails and a lot of night recording sitting parked

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Ya know? I've had about 10 days now to find something to whine about during the rally but I'll be darned if I can think of a single thing!!

I do think more folks should share their pics though.:beer:

Capt.Marion

Any idea on when the professional video of the hardball convoy, etc, will be available? I imagine it will take them a little while to get it edited and all shipshape.

-Ken

icecreamman

@HanksDeuce, This "Hardball" is probably a reference to General Patton's "Redball".

My "ex uncle in law" was an old black man who served in WW2, Korea and Vietnaim. He was chasing Patton across France driving supply trucks loaded with whatever was needed. Food, munitions, tents, etc.

Their trucks(old GMC's) had flags with a "red ball" on a banner. They were flagged around everything possible. They had priority. They were mostly blacks drafted into the Army as Uncle Chuck was. He was drafted Army and went USAF after they integrated in '47. He retired in '73.

Hopefully a little background.

Dave

andy3

@HanksDeuce, This "Hardball" is probably a reference to General Patton's "Redball".

My "ex uncle in law" was an old black man who served in WW2, Korea and Vietnaim. He was chasing Patton across France driving supply trucks loaded with whatever was needed. Food, munitions, tents, etc.

Their trucks(old GMC's) had flags with a "red ball" on a banner. They were flagged around everything possible. They had priority. They were mostly blacks drafted into the Army as Uncle Chuck was. He was drafted Army and went USAF after they integrated in '47. He retired in '73.

Hopefully a little background.

Dave
Dave, that was very insightful.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks