• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2010 SS Ga Rally Info thread

zout

I also have a roll of MINED - tape I can bring along WM - how is the ankle tracking system working out they stuck on ya ? Are you now an informant.

I will be there Wed to help in any way I can - and yes I know how to dodge being duct taped to a tree - I also will bring along my Miller Renegade 180 welder (mig) for anyone that decides to break metal to just weld WM unit to a post.

zout

who said something about OPEN windows in the M109 row for air circulation - I don;t need no stinking windows open (rofl) and still give PB a place to park the golf kart when I fall outta it after my notorious ride. Pack em all in the row

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Zout...one of the events CAMO plans to sponsor is the "Airborne Deuce Jump"....Here's how it works:

Troy will lower the deck on the landoll with axles forward...thus creating a perfect 48 ft ramp. I estimate the deuces will need to be travelling around 105 MPH at the top of the ramp when they go airborne...otherwise they won't clear the tractor attached to the landoll. (I have full coverage insurance...we will just say it was a runaway Toyota we were trying to recover).

OH...I forgot...interested jumpers will be required to consume a combat bottle of Crown...then be blind folded and spun around in circles for 5 minutes...then the fun begins.

We are always looking for ways to liven up an event!!:cool:

Streamline

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mike and WM will be where they were last year, for obvious reasons (for the uninitiated, that's where the water and power hookups are).

Now, for everyone else, all we're gonna do is just make a couple different areas....... one for general parking/camping and one for the vendors. We now have 3 vendors bringing displays of product for sale and there may be more, so I am going to try and give them their own area.

So you don't really need to reserve any terrain.

Once we're out there, we'll figure out where to put the M109 row. :D
Mr. Clinto,

As far as the vendor area, will there be any power ability in that area or do we need to dig up a generator? Just wondering because this will be my first time at this rally so not sure about layout. ( My First Time BE GENITAL ):confused:

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bobby,
Bring a generator! Last power (nearest to the horse pasture where we will be) is at sites 64 and 65, which have been reserved for the feeding crew. There is site #77, but it is across a road and at least 100 feet from the fence, probably 250 feet from the plug to the vendor area, which would be a lot of voltage drop. HTH.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Mr. Clinto,

As far as the vendor area, will there be any power ability in that area or do we need to dig up a generator? Just wondering because this will be my first time at this rally so not sure about layout. ( My First Time BE GENITAL ):confused:
I would recommend bringing a generator. There isn't power in the field per se, but SCSG-G4 and Wreckerman rent an RV space so they can pull power and water off it for the MKT. They consume the majority of the electricity and water from the RV spot so you'd have to find another.

We have a member who is working on bringing a big generator to power the field but if he can't finish it in time or can't make it, you'd be high and dry unless you could grab some power from another attendee who brought a generator.

So in short, if you want/need power, I'd recommend bringing your own generator to ensure you've got it.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I have a long 4 conductor power cable that was in my van trailer.

It will need a new plug in (the kind that RV's plug in with) and a four receptecle plug box put on to replace the military ends.

If someone wants to reserve space 77 it would prob reach....the dam thing weighs a ton so it must have thick wire in it.

I was planning on bringing it anyway.

We might consider putting the vendors along the front fence opposite the MKT so they would be closer to the power and water outlets if they need them.

Streamline

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would recommend bringing a generator. There isn't power in the field per se, but SCSG-G4 and Wreckerman rent an RV space so they can pull power and water off it for the MKT. They consume the majority of the electricity and water from the RV spot so you'd have to find another.

We have a member who is working on bringing a big generator to power the field but if he can't finish it in time or can't make it, you'd be high and dry unless you could grab some power from another attendee who brought a generator.

So in short, if you want/need power, I'd recommend bringing your own generator to ensure you've got it.
I have a long 4 conductor power cable that was in my van trailer.

It will need a new plug in (the kind that RV's plug in with) and a four receptecle plug box put on to replace the military ends.

If someone wants to reserve space 77 it would prob reach....the dam thing weighs a ton so it must have thick wire in it.

I was planning on bringing it anyway.

We might consider putting the vendors along the front fence opposite the MKT so they would be closer to the power and water outlets if they need them.

Thanks for the in tell guy's. I dont as of yet own a generator, after we shut down our Construction company first of last year we sold everything we could to get us out of the debit the business had. I have been wanting to get one through my surplus contact, I will see if one of my group going down has one I could borrow.

Thanks for the offer wreckerman893 If I or someone else had to go that rout im sure we could get the plug fixed. I do also have a 100 to 150 ft large extension cord that we used to run our equipment with that I could use my self if the booth was in that rang. I would happily help pay a fee for power use. I mainly will run a couple of fans and a computer and a couple of other small devices.

Streamline

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Of course I would run into same problem with my cord would need a RV plug. I wonder if they have an adapter to go from one to the other so you wouldn't have to change plugs?

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Durhamtown rents plug adapters for $20, refundable if you turn it back in at the end of your stay. Spot #77 is a 50 amp location, and with the proper adapter to split the 208 out into two 110 circuits, would probably power a bunch of vendors. I have a power distribution box with an input for a MARINCO 50 amp four wire plug, and two L5-20 + two L5-30 twist lock outputs. If DT has that spot wired properly, we could pull almost 100 amps into the vendor area setup right across from it. The big problem is keeping the cable from being damaged when it crosses the road - trenching the cable is the safest way, but there are other methods.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
ER....I understood trenching the cable to keep it from getting damaged....the other stuff was Greek to me.
CAMO will probably bring a couple of generators.

So....we still get chillie mac....yes???

Attachments