• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2010 SS Ga Rally Info thread

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If we got power, we got chillie mac! However, since I have found more than one recipe for it, you might want to PM me the one that you like just to be sure it will pass QC (quality control).;-)

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My favorite chili mac recipe is chili, with mac.

I've just been tinkering with the idea of building a showerhouse in a m105 trailer, for all the campers. It is way better than the B horror movie showerhouse DT has out there. What do you think? (thank clint for the idea of mounting it in a m105)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My favorite chili mac recipe is chili, with mac.

I've just been tinkering with the idea of building a showerhouse in a m105 trailer, for all the campers. It is way better than the B horror movie showerhouse DT has out there. What do you think? (thank clint for the idea of mounting it in a m105)
Many would probably appreciate that. Even if you build it, some will not go. I'll be remanded to my cabin for all shower activity.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Now here is a nice shower trailer. I think I would rather shower in this than in my house...lol
You shower in the house? Weird. My wife showers in the house too. All the kids and myself use the outside shower almost exclusively. It's just wonderful!

REGULATOR

I'm bringing my M1009 out, and definitly want to do some offroading in it, BUT my 17 yr old has more or less taken it over, so he will want to drive most of the time, I think I read it would be ok to bring my regular civy truck and maybe drive the trails too? that way I can give him some independence and still watch him so to speak, maybe drive behind him and cringe the whole time and not try to yank the wheel from his hands ( JK) he will probably do just fine

both my m1009 and F250 will have amateur radios and CB etc in them for commo liek I mentioned in the commo thread.

I figure if a deuce or 5 ton can make it on the trail my F250 with 6 inch lift can make it :)

Leadfoot

I have a 1000 gallon portable water tank with a pump on it that i could bring if it helps with the shower idea. I am only about 45 minutes from there. Also have access to fire wood that is not to far away.

REGULATOR

hey if your close, I'm coming from Augusta GA, I can swing by in my truck and pick up a bed load of firewood for the cause.

I'll hit you up as we get closer to the event

Streamline

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a 1000 gallon portable water tank with a pump on it that i could bring if it helps with the shower idea. I am only about 45 minutes from there. Also have access to fire wood that is not to far away.

Hello neighbor! Just wanted to say hi to ya Leadfoot! Im just up from you in Danielsville area!

Bobby

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm in Montezuma GA getting ready to leave for Alaska; and it's a 102 freaking degrees!!!! I sure hope it's about 20 degrees cooler in October. If I make it back by October, I'll see you guys at the rally.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I have the shower heads mounted on A frames from my diesel shower unit.....we should be able to jury rig something with some tarps for privacy (trust me...there are some things that should not be displayed in public).

I have seen the shower house at DT and it is not exactly the Ritz.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have pieces parts of an emergency shower system - tub floor, bath mats, some thin white wall material but no framework, and the hoses, which can all be brought in another truck. Things keep snowballing and I'll need to recruit four drivers just to get all my 'stuff' there.

Streamline

Steel Soldiers Supporter
At this time I have several large Base-X tent bottoms that im sure one of these could easly be used for a tarp covering for walls. These are ruffly 16' wide by 22' long. I also have the Base-X tents that would make a great shower area but I do not have the frames for these. I do have plenty of the fiberglass tent poles that could possibly be made into a frame for the tarps...not sure on that.

Any thing that I can bring that would help I would gladly offer!:beer:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can bring my Honda 4000PSI pressure cleaner as well for those who don't have time to scrub or refuse to clean up. Can draw water off of the water line at the mess area.