• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2010 SS Ga Rally Info thread

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
I have eaten a lot of things over the years but this i think ill have to pass, and this girl looks way too happy cutting on it with that knife!

Attachments

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
FYI, we now have about 75 or more rolls of butt wipe and a good two dozen small styrfoam coffee cups (about 6 or 8 oz) for the site. No connection between the two just happen to be the two freebies for the day.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is working out well. If everyone brings something then someone won't have to bring everything.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Gee, and here I thought I was gonna become the butt of everyones jokes for getting the butt wipe, LOL.

I was going to cut off the toilet paper supply for any offenders, LOL.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
looks like its getting gear up .. this might be the best so far.. all the planning will pay off .. ill be coming in thursday am.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Toilet paper nazi...'No toilet paper for you'. LOL.

Hey WM, I think I saw somewhere here that you were getting in on Wednesday? If so, I will try to get off work to come in for Wed through til the end.

poppop

Hey carnac

Come on in on Wednesday. Some of us ol die-hards show up then. Wm will be in as well as scsg-g4, Mike, Kenney will be in and doghead and Amy and gimpyrob usually show up on Wednesday. We will be setting up the MKT and planning for the invasion. Mike has promised a good feed for Wednesday night and we always have a good time around the campfire that night. Come on down and if you see a fresh possum on the side of the road bring him along for WM's menu.

Streamline

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know im just a new private in this mans arm.....well lets not go there.....lolrofl

I would like to get there on Wednesday also so I could try and get some of the tents put up and get all our stuff organized but im not sure when some of the guys with the truck will be heading down I might just borrow a trailer and head down Wednesday my self if needed. I will have what I can come up with for the shower area then. I did come up with an idea for a fram for the Base X tent that could be used as a shower area but not sure if that would just be over kill?

Streamline

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have eaten a lot of things over the years but this i think ill have to pass, and this girl looks way too happy cutting on it with that knife!

My wife is originally from Louisiana and boy does she make some great jambalaya!! If I can talk her in to coming down Im sure she could cook up a possum Jambalaya for yall....lol They use a rat over there so im sure a possum wouldn't be much different.....:drool:

Attachments

phil2968

The Florida detachment of SS will be arriving Wed afternoon, at least Kenny, myself and my brother (RBeasley66). I can't speak for the rest of them down here but we're pulling out of Wildwood as soon as Kenny gets out of the bed Wed morning!
We may grab breakfast first, I hope.
I hope Walter (Greengator), Jack Miles (Sixspeed) and Cessnatwin will join us.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Myself and another SS member are heading over to Columbia. SC this coming Sun (July 31) to pick up a truck Monday.

Mike (SCSG-G4) has generously offered to put us up for the night.

We will be doing some planning on the menus for each day of the rally.

Wed. nights pickens may be sparse depending on how long it takes to get the MKT up and running but we should be able to offer at least sandwiches and my (in)famous sweet tea.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Myself and another SS member are heading over to Columbia. SC this coming Sun (July 31) to pick up a truck Monday.
Mike (SCSG-G4) has generously offered to put us up for the night./quote]

SCSG-G4....You Sir are a very brave American!!! [thumbzup]
You will never have to prove that you are a brave man in any other way!!!:lol:
You have invited Murphy (code name wreckerman) into your AO...I advise extreme caution Sir!!!!!

Also...if there are any black cats in the area....I would "SCAT" them!!!

Just sayin.....

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I will do everything I can to get over there on Wednesday.

I know brushhogging is hoped for. If we can accomplish that, great. I plan to bring a small supply of fire ant killer and suggest others bring some for their own areas just in case. Lesson learned from Alphretta last year.

I wouldn't sweat the Wednesday night meal. I think we should come prepared to eat biscuits and hard tack for Wednesday and work on starting Thursday morning with pancakes, sausage/bacon, and eggs.

I hope to have the new power system there but it has got to be picked up, tested, and maintenance completed in record time to have it ready.

Also working on getting tables and two GP tents but nothing definate yet.

CycleJay

Hi all,

I just realized something over the last few days.
Even if I can and do want to go to the rally in October.

I have absolutely no camping gear.. ****...

Good night,

CJ