• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2010 SS Ga Rally Info thread

T

televisionman007

The Florida detachment of SS will be arriving Wed afternoon, at least Kenny, myself and my brother (RBeasley66). I can't speak for the rest of them down here but we're pulling out of Wildwood as soon as Kenny gets out of the bed Wed morning!
We may grab breakfast first, I hope.
I hope Walter (Greengator), Jack Miles (Sixspeed) and Cessnatwin will join us.

hey phil2968 Rayzer and I will also be joining yr little convoy if you dont mind and we may bring a few other mv'ers, we will keep you posted...:grd:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Clinto wanted to keep everything on this thread for now. I think it will branch out soon. CJ, you have an M1009 right? Instant camper! Leave the back seat at home or bring it and we'll store it. An air mattress and a sleeping bag and you have everything. As far as cooking, you can buy food at the MKT, the plantation foodhouse or do as I've done in the past, bring plastic spoons and lots of campbells chunky soup and eat it cold. For those who that grosses out, the troops that protect you eat much worse, suck it up.

dc3coyote

Hey Cycle,
I am sure that someone will set up a couple spare GPs I bet you could get away with dragging out a cot and crashing in one..
Man I really wish I could be there this year, but this means I have no reason to not be there for the 2011 rally.

PorscheTech911

So bored at work... just read all thirty pages.

I'm so excited, but I may not have an MV at that time (small chance I won't) is there a place to part non-MV vehicles? My malibu won't fit in, although it's already spray painted flat black, and I may go ahead and CARC it :D

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I drove my 93 Corolla to my first GA Rally, nobody seemed to mind. Same thing with the VA Rally. Show up with a smile on your face and the attitude that goes with it and every thing else is just details![thumbzup]

poppop

Plenty of parking in the field with the trucks. Maybe Mike will have the horses moved so you don't go home with hoofprints in your hood like salafrae did last year. You can also park just outside the fence. Come on down, you will hava a blast.

CycleJay

Hey Cycle,
I am sure that someone will set up a couple spare GPs I bet you could get away with dragging out a cot and crashing in one..
Man I really wish I could be there this year, but this means I have no reason to not be there for the 2011 rally.
Hello DC,

Thank you for the message.
And please excuse my ignorance, but what is a GP?

I would like to attend, and just in case I can,
I will see what gear I can collect somehow in the meantime.
(like tents, cots, camp stove, etc...)

Have a good day,

CJ

REGULATOR

hey I will have an extra civyy tent on hand...

but if you don't feel like sleeping in your vehicle, grab a cheap tarp from harbor freight run it from the truck to the ground and instant place to sleep.

did that for years

surely we can locate a cot or something...

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
CJ,

A GP is short for General Purpose as in GP Small, Medium and Large tents.

It usually gets chilly at night so if you dont have a fart sack (sleeping bag) a couple of blankets will keep you toasty. An air mattress will insulate you from the ground or hard surface. I wear a toboggin to keep my ears warm at night and thick socks to keep the toes warm.

If you volunteer for KP (assisting in the kitchen) you can get a free meal any time.
You are free to bring "Redneck MRE's" i.e. Beanie Weenies, Vienna Sausage, sardins, crackers, etc. or your own supplies. There will be containers of sweet tea and other beverages with the meals.

Meals from the MKT are cheaper than at the on site beanery and (IMHO) just as good.

We have a campfire every night and it helps to have a folding chair to take a load off....a light jacket will keep the side away from the fire warm.

The rally is about food, friends and of course the MV's.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
PB,
If you keep that up, I'll have to deploy the AN/PSR-1A around me, or between WM and me in case you get the coordinates mixed up. That way I can sleep till the alarms go off. And if the attack comes on Thursday night, WM may sabotage your chili mac, so you may want to employ a food taster. I can't watch him all the time!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
CJ, I can bring you a cot if you want to sleep under the stars. I always pack more camping stuff than I use and I'm not even camping. As I said earlier, the M1009, an air mattress and a fart sack and you have the makings of a great camp spot. Helping at the chuck wagon for free food is a great way to get to meet almost everyone and get a fair amount of expert cooking. Everything was good last year but the fried chicken was the Bomb.

My plan is to bring my inflatable shelter (not to be confused with my inflatable date) for use as a dining tent. If anyone has folding tables and chairs they can lend please bring them.
It is a bummner trying to balance a heaping plate of poss.........errrrr.....Chili Mac on your lap while juggling a drink and silverware.
Mike and I will get together shortly and get the menu and prices set. Last year I think we managed to keep most meals around 3 bucks (but I am prone to CRS). If we decide to have a special meal such as steak or other high dollar fare we will adjust fire accordingly.
We look forward to providing a good spread for all attendees.
Hey WM, bring yer inflatable date along too...

Has anyone here considered Sam's Club for the food needs? They have pretty good prices for a variety of things such as frozen chicken by Tyson's and we could get the big slabs of beef and cut it up ourselves to save some mula...

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Has anyone here considered Sam's Club for the food needs?
Tony....that is where I bought a lot of stuff last year.

My membership has expired.

I got the chicken directly from the processing plant and ended up buying way too much...we gave several cases to Durhamtown to keep them from going to waste.

Since Mike has his M109 outfitted as the ration truck I think he will be doing the buying this year.

I will be bringing two 50 pound bags of spuds since they are cheap at the flea market here.

We also had a lot of donations last year including deer meat, fresh veggies, paper plates and plastic ware.

Hey WM, bring yer inflatable date along too...
She is no longer with me.....I accidently filled her with helium last year and she was last seen floating over Atlanta.