• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2010 SS Ga Rally Info thread

Happens to the best of us. I had to shoot mine down when I tried the helium trick - you know, to make her sound funny when she talks. Anyway, one shot, one kill, and luckily I had some clear packing tape to patch her up.
I'll can donate a couple of slabs of beef from Sam's for the rally. I'll also bring some of those white plastic fold-out tables and chairs that are made by "Lifetime" for the dining area. If anyone is looking to convoy from either Alabama or Florida, post I'll try and nail down which place we will be travelling from in late October.
Can anyone here tell me a little about the offroad course there in GA? I was wondering if a deuce will go through it ok, or if it is too big of a vehicle for the course.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Can anyone here tell me a little about the offroad course there in GA? I was wondering if a deuce will go through it ok, or if it is too big of a vehicle for the course.
Waay big enough. Bring a 5 ton, it'll still fit.

Hey WM, I'll check it out. I haven't had time to read all 31 pages of this thread yet, so I probably don't have much info that has already been provided. I'll see if I can find it on Google Earth as well. I'll see you tomorrow around 1500 hrs in front of the Rooms to Go. Looking forward to our adventure there buddy!

Blythewoodjoe

So bored at work... just read all thirty pages.
Well I have not had time to read much here lately, so I hope I don't repeat any one else.

I have decided anything I have around here that I have done nothing with in a year or so can be loaded and sold at the rally. I really need to reduce the stuff on my property. I had a bunch of stuff stolen from my "bone" yard a few weeks ago (that story will appear here one day when I have time to type) and I want to keep everything at my house, so I need to clean up. Clint's truck was not part of the theft [thumbzup]

At any rate, I would like to move some of the following:
Wire for light kits (two strand 8 gauge with the ends still there)
M880 axles
M35 transfer cases
Deuce tires on wheels, some almost new, some not
Mep 701a generators (24 volt doesn't work at the moment)
9.00 by 20 Firestone mud grip tires on deuce wheels
tons of other stuff not worth typing up

I will post pictures and other stuff somewhere if anyone is interested. Please don't post a note here and expect me to respond. I don't have a lot of time to follow anything right now. If you want to contact me, email or pm. I might put an add in the classified with some pictures and link it to this thread. Any thoughts on what would be best for that?

I look forward to seeing all you guys in a few months,
Joe

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I have decided anything I have around here that I have done nothing with in a year or so can be loaded and sold at the rally. I really need to reduce the stuff on my property. I had a bunch of stuff stolen from my "bone" yard a few weeks ago (that story will appear here one day when I have time to type) and I want to keep everything at my house, so I need to clean up. Clint's truck was not part of the theft [thumbzup]
Sorry to hear of your theft. It's the world we live in. Clintogf and I recently met one of the ADT scammers that are going around Atlanta but they haven't comne back yet.

Neighbors Worried About Suspicious Security Salesmen - News Story - WSB Atlanta

At any rate, I would like to move some of the following:
Wire for light kits (two strand 8 gauge with the ends still there)
M880 axles
M35 transfer cases
Deuce tires on wheels, some almost new, some not
Mep 701a generators (24 volt doesn't work at the moment)
9.00 by 20 Firestone mud grip tires on deuce wheels
tons of other stuff not worth typing up

I will post pictures and other stuff somewhere if anyone is interested. Please don't post a note here and expect me to respond. I don't have a lot of time to follow anything right now. If you want to contact me, email or pm. I might put an add in the classified with some pictures and link it to this thread. Any thoughts on what would be best for that?

I look forward to seeing all you guys in a few months,
Joe
If it were me, I'd throw your list up here and a few pics and add a link to your classified ad-that way, people are seeing your stuff here in the rally thread (which is appropriate for a rally thread) and they are seeing it in the classifieds.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will arrive early Wed morning, with the m818, the m172 (porch) and the 1963 ford 4000 tractor with bush hog and horse poo rake! Angie will arrive Thursday night. SCSG, when are you planning to head out from Columbia? I wouldn't mind convoying with you but I want to get there early enough to bush hog before everyone starts to arrive.

WM is in town? that explains the bolt in my tire, the burned out headlight, the clogged fuel filter, and the failed water pump bearing this weekend in my dodge 2500....

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
WM should be almost through Atlanta by now (12:30) he called a little past 9 and they were 20 miles west of my house headed toward 'Bama with the M35A3.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Adam,

I plan on leaving Wednesday morning as soon as I can get everything ready. I'll have to pack any remaining perishable food and check out all the systems as a unit (truck and MKT). Last year I had to get the MKT folded up the morning I left (ran out of time the day before) and that delayed me two hours. I would like to leave the house about 9am and be at the rally about noon.

Last edited:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Me and Tony made it back to his LZ with the M35A3 around 4pm......I drove all the way and was sweating like a hooker in church.

See my post under Conversations.

I will be at the rally around noon-ish since I want to miss the morning goat f**k traffic in Hotlanta.

Me and Mike had a stratagy session and have a plan for getting the rations set up for the event.

I too plan to have a colossal disposal sale on M-1 Bustle Racks, deuce sheet metal and other vintage stuff that is taking up space.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Why did I sign that friggin truce!!!
I could make all kinda cracks...like what kinda retard would buy M-1 Bustle Racks....and then expect to pawn them off on someone else...that ain't retarded.

But I did sign the truce...so no cracks from me!!!aua

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I could make all kinda cracks...like what kinda retard would buy M-1 Bustle Racks....and then expect to pawn them off on someone else...that ain't retarded.
I bought them for two very good reasons........they were for sale and I didn't have any.

They make great overhead racks for deuces with a little modification.

No bustle racks for PB.

bkwudzhom

Ok--FINALLY!! We have a cabin reservation. Woulda roughed it but the wife and son are comming as well. Ok so I'm Lying--I love beds and showers! Anyway. Due to work constraints I plan on leaving Thursday around noon from Augusta and plan to stay untill Sat around noon. I was trying to figure what I could bring to contribute to the cause and have put out the live traps baited for possum, armidillo, and 'coon. Mabey some beaver if I get the chance to set some more traps. I passed on the rattler in the road yesterday--he was already collecting flies. I do have a couple of trees that need cutting up if you think we will need it.

I also have a recovery question. Will their be a contact point in case of a breakdown? To be able to make contact with HQ and "rally" the troops for a recovery may save some one a lot of $$$. Not to mention the extra help that might be needed to complete the repair. A lot of guys are gonna be a long way from home. Having a broke vehicle is bad enough--being broke a long way from home is much worse.
BK

Capt.Marion

I also have a recovery question. Will their be a contact point in case of a breakdown? To be able to make contact with HQ and "rally" the troops for a recovery may save some one a lot of $$$. Not to mention the extra help that might be needed to complete the repair. A lot of guys are gonna be a long way from home. Having a broke vehicle is bad enough--being broke a long way from home is much worse.
BK

As in when you're on the way home from the rally, or while wheeling AT the rally?

For wheeling at the rally, there is a whole Commo thread in the 10SSGR section about that... there will be communications between groups out riding around and HQ, the shape/form/fashion is just yet to be determined.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok--FINALLY!! We have a cabin reservation. Woulda roughed it but the wife and son are comming as well. Ok so I'm Lying--I love beds and showers! Anyway. Due to work constraints I plan on leaving Thursday around noon from Augusta and plan to stay untill Sat around noon. I was trying to figure what I could bring to contribute to the cause and have put out the live traps baited for possum, armidillo, and 'coon. Mabey some beaver if I get the chance to set some more traps. I passed on the rattler in the road yesterday--he was already collecting flies. I do have a couple of trees that need cutting up if you think we will need it.

BK
Don't sweat the cabin dude, I get one every year. I like them a bunch. What I would do is hook up with folks coming from the same area, through your area or just some folks close by. GA is a big state and it's anybody's guess as to where you are located. Most of the FL folks have swapped cell numbers and I'm sure quite a few GA folks have done the same. Once you get 3 or 4 numbers you are literally in phone contact with most of the members. Should be plenty of recovery gear around. I will tote a tow bar in the bed and there is always one under the bed. Don't worry, we take care of our own. Now, what cabin did you rent? Myself and JW4x4 (hopefully Mike) stay in Mallards Nest I and your rally host, Clinto, is our neighbor in Mallards Nest II.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Papabear and wreckerman pulling the string tight between two bean cans!!!!
"Can you hear me now" says papabear, "10-4 good buddy" replies wreckerman!rofl

Hey...Wreckerman and I were po when we was little!!! All we had were bean cans and a string to communicate with...not like fellers have it now with cell phones, puters etc...

The only problem I see with the bean can system is that when WM eats the beans...all you hear thru the string into the other can is:

BRRRRRRPPPPPP!!!!!!!! and there's a horrible smell....then ya hear...HEEE HEEE HEEE!!

Last edited: