• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2010 SS Ga Rally Info thread

SixSpeed

Banned
Just stay in the back of the pack.

The Mirrors on the MV's will give the trails a little trimming. :D

If someone didn't have recovery gear, I wouldn't say go out and buy some. But the "more the merrier". Can't ever have enough recovery gear!

If you aren't planning on bringing any recovery gear, just make sure your truck has some D-Rings or other good recovery points on it.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
[ PLEASE do not be offended-it's not that we think you don't have anything to contribute or anything like that, it's just that most people in our ADD society can't sit still long enough to read through 35+ pages of possum jokes in order to find out where they need to meet up with the other guys for a convoy.
You are taking for granted that I am joking about cooking possum.:shock:

Last edited by a moderator:

airmech3839

well I looked at the pictures, of course its mostly of hill climbs that don't look too tough for a Lifted F250

Narrow has me slightly concerned, not worried about scratching the m1009, but don't want to scratch up the paint too much on the F250

Guess I will figure it out when I get there.

I usually pack a recovery strap, and make sure I have proper shackles front and rear, on my previous trucks,
I haven't off roaded the new f250 that much yet

I'm excited to get out of the house and get off road again

:mrgreen:Your just excited to get out of the closet!! hehehehehe

airmech3839

[ PLEASE do not be offended-it's not that we think you don't have anything to contribute or anything like that, it's just that most people in our ADD society can't sit still long enough to read through 35+ pages of possum jokes in order to find out where they need to meet up with the other guys for a convoy./QUOTE]

You are taking for granted that I am joking about cooking possum.:shock:

:funny:roflroflrofl:funny:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well darn you had to add the "within reason" to your post, I was going to bring all my GP Larges and create a tent city...lol..:0)
Bring as many GP Larges as you want. We will find room for them. I'm sure Wreckerman will provide a good quantity of tooth aching sweet tea to sit in a chair and watch a bunch of folks humping up GP Larges. Now if you wanted help, just bring one.

Seriously, when I had a GP Medium, it would get set up at the rallys as kind of a base camp area. Since I no longer have one, the rally was void of a central hub last year. If you wanted to provide such a tent, we can gather a platoon of bafoons to erect and strike it.

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Would probably be a good idea to "mark" your recovery gear in some way. That way it gets back to its rightful owner. There were a few issues at the Florida rally, when we had gear from about 12 trucks just to recover a Unimog.

dc3coyote

Kenny I have offered many times to loan out my GP meds and whatever else is wanted/needed. If yall can get some one
to pick them up yall are more than welcome to them. I also have some GP small poles for Mike (Dman) if someone does not mind getting them.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know Brannan and thanks. I won't have time to swing over there but if someone else can, that would be great. Perhaps what I need is a summer cottage in the area.

dc3coyote

All my gear is in NW Ga right now. The only thing really left in the house is a bed and couch, washer dryer and your fuel. Your more than welcome to stay in my FL house for a while. Someone needs to be in it.
Maybe thats what I should do.
Anyone visiting FL is welcome to stay at my house for free (just leave some money for utilities)
I am between Orlando and Tampa. About a mile from the beach.

Streamline

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bring as many GP Larges as you want. We will find room for them. I'm sure Wreckerman will provide a good quantity of tooth aching sweet tea to sit in a chair and watch a bunch of folks humping up GP Larges. Now if you wanted help, just bring one.

Seriously, when I had a GP Medium, it would get set up at the rallys as kind of a base camp area. Since I no longer have one, the rally was void of a central hub last year. If you wanted to provide such a tent, we can gather a platoon of bafoons to erect and strike it.

That will not be a problem to loan a GP Medium or Large. I have two Larges and one medium that are for sale and have been all summer so unless I suddenly get a run on them witch in doubtful I should have one. Matter of fact if two out of three get sold I will hold one till after rally so ya' I should have one that yall can use! I probably will need some more large wooden stakes for setting the tent up if anyone might have a cash of them. I have one complete set and one partial set but the complete set goes with the GP Large that is set up already in front of our store.

zout

After spending today on the forum off & on I have come to a personal conclusion.

It would be benificial to someone at the Ga Rally to hold a mechanics school and there would have to be a cost involved for the persons time.
A portion could be donated back to SS and the other for the teachers time.

Keep class small and limited to content - but even teach basic PM skills would be great - how about a basic 24 v wire class.

Throw some stuff out here and I do not think I may be the only one that would like to see something go on for the benifit of other - crap - record the class and sell it on SS to donate back to the site ???

AMGeneral

After spending today on the forum off & on I have come to a personal conclusion.

It would be benificial to someone at the Ga Rally to hold a mechanics school and there would have to be a cost involved for the persons time.
A portion could be donated back to SS and the other for the teachers time.

Keep class small and limited to content - but even teach basic PM skills would be great - how about a basic 24 v wire class.

Throw some stuff out here and I do not think I may be the only one that would like to see something go on for the benifit of other - crap - record the class and sell it on SS to donate back to the site ???
I second this,but who is gonna teach it?

SixSpeed

Banned
I'd be willing to teach the following:

• Electrical Anything
  • How NOT to treat your Unimog
I'm pretty handy with anything mechanical, but I am best with electrical which others might not be. Someone more experienced could teach something else...don't know what...

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Siminars are always a good way to show new guys how to do maint on their trucks.

If someone wants to organize one I'm sure "Boss Hogg" (Clinto) will put it on the agenda.

A good time to have it would be after the Sat trail rides after the trucks have had some exercise.

Jimma

I would love to see some "how to sessions" or even a time where members can help install add on parts or trouble shoot issues.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will be installing a PTO on my truck when I get there provided Ferro doesn't forget it. If anyone wants to pile around and take pics and notes, I'll do the labor.

Blythewoodjoe

I'm fool enough to make a few suggestions. If anybody want to, and I have the room I can bring a tire cage and brake down and mount some tires. If anybody need to work off a few miller lights and wanted to move the tires around and swing the hammer, they can help (not while under the influence of Miller light).

And here's the killer. Anybody want to bob a deuce? That would make a fun video. A few jacks, a cutting rig, impact wrench and drill, and it can be done in 5 hours, or your money back.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
And here's the killer. Anybody want to bob a deuce? That would make a fun video. A few jacks, a cutting rig, impact wrench and drill, and it can be done in 5 hours, or your money back.
I'll buy that for a dollar!!!![thumbzup]

I have a candidate for the project.....has 1100x20 super singles on it.:jumpin:

I could have the bed off it when I get it there (assuming I can find somone to drive it since I wii be dragging the van trailer with the M275.

We might even raffle it off at the end of the rally.

How cool would that be........take home an MV that you didn't bring with you.

ralbelt

I would purchase a few raffle tickets, providing logistics are in place to store it just in case a non attending member wins it and has no means to transport it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks