• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2010 SS Ga Rally Info thread

Capt.Marion

I just went through the GA State Code on Gambling... I'd highly recommend putting in a call to the Greene County DA to double check about having a raffle. I don't think it would be a problem, but the State code is very... interesting to read.

WM- I think they had to pass a specific law establishing the state lotto. They only got it approved because its sole purpose is to fund the HOPE Scholarship program. I think otherwise it would be illegal. But this is waaaayyyy off topic.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I plan to arrive around lunch on friday.
I will only be bringing my truck, but it would be nice if my "spot" is big enough to park two trucks, side by side, parallel and right next to the main drag in a flat(ish) spot. (what can I say... I'm high maintenance)
Can I be the first in line to be off loaded? I have to bring 3 trailers for delivery this year and we all know how cranky I get when I can''t take the deuce on trail rides. My wife is going to love me this year. Delivering 3 trailers, only picking up one.

zout

It may be helpful to members at the Rally - I aquired a 350 gallon water tank - now to figure out if I can get our trailers by this time and done so I can bring it over with us - OR ??
I already have a ladder for Neil and some tires for PB to load up. Got a couple other things laying around at the 20 that are here for FREE for the taking.

I have a 110 water pump from my pond that would make a nice squirt gun till the water ran out - especially if PB comes by me in his red tutu

zout

Dang WM - you know your old when you can remember the 3 Stooges that - that was in - let my grandsons watch them for the first time - now I have to keep an eye on them - yuck yuck yuck.

I remember one of them wearing a tutu in one of their series as well - does PB have a past life we know nothing about.

dcwilkie

Anybody interested in a cargo cover for a 5 ton (excellent condition -3 color camo) or a decent cover for a deuce that has 2 feet in height added to make it taller to fit a tool truck or whatever?

sandcobra164

I'll be bringing 2 NOS 5 Ton covers (Tan), 1 set of new fiberglass and metal bows, an MTVR Towbar, NOS Deuce filter's, a pair of 900 series NOS windshield wiper motors, Deuce NOS axle seals, parking brake shoes, and misc other stuff. All of it's military surplus, no cheap chinese seals that seem to give people hot hubs. I'll have it there if anyone's interested.

bkwudzhom

Anybody wanna give a class on body work? I could use a cab corner replacement. Dont mind doing the work but dont have the tools or know how.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
In the past, getting internet access at the rally has been spotty at best. I received this update today from D-town:

NEW WIRELESS HIGH SPEED INTERNET….FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to Bill Milligan and Will Gibson and their relentless phone calls to the phone company, we now offer high speed internet DSL here at Durhamtown…NO MORE SLOW SATELITE CONNECTIONS!!!

Bill has done a great job with the wireless program.
YOU CAN NOW ACCESS THE INTERNET ANYWHERE ON THE PROPERTY!!!!

I don't know how they define "the property" but anything is an improvement.

Carry on. :-D

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Ah poop...now we gotta be good...or we will be busted out before we can....er....pursuade others not to post stuff...by stealing/bustin cameras, recorders etc..:lol:

Oh well...it's what it is:beer:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
It might be rated "XXX" dc3coyote...if wreckerman gets out of control...especially if he forgets to take his meds...and he does weird stuff!!
We want this to be a "family friendly" web site...as well as the GA Rally...but when ya have guyz like WM...well just look :

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Seeing Papa Bear dance swan lake in his red tutu in the moonlight would be more reality than most sane people could stand......but then again we are talking about a group of MV addicts camped out in the woods together.:cookoo:rofl