• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2010 SS Ga Rally Info thread

For some reason, this thread now reminds me of a joke...
This city lawyer gets tired of the ratrace, quits his job, sells his house and buys a cabin out in the mountains.
He's out there for about a month and has a knock at the door. When he answers it, there is a scragly older man with a beard and overalls with a few strategically placed teeth, and a mouth full of chawin' terbacky. He says "Hi there, I'm your nearest neighbor from about two miles down the road, and I wanted to invite you to a party I'm having this Saturday night.
Now I hope if there's some drinking, you won't be offended."
The lawyer thinks for a second, and says, "No, as a matter of fact, I might have a few myself."
The hillbilly says, "Great, but you know when there's a little drinking, there is usually some cussing, so I hope that won't offend you."
The lawyer thinks for a second and says, "Oh no, I am used to foul language from my clients."
The Hillbilly says, "Great! Now you know, later there might be a little dancing and probably that might lead to some illicit sex. I hope that won't offend you."
The lawyer thinks for a second, then says, "No, that won't offend me, as a matter of fact, maybe I'll get lucky! So, should I bring anything for this here party?"
The hillbilly says, "Oh, naw... it'll just be the two of us y'know."

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There's plenty of room to sleep under the 'porch'. Might have to banish some of the more 'unruly' to the 'basement'

Me and Sevo made 15 gallons of hard cider last year, but it didn't go so well. Probably because Chris liked it like vinegar so that's the way we made it, most people like it a tad bit sweeter. Me included! I've got some plum wine going right now, but doubt it will be ready by Oct.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In reference to the porch, what is the deck height? I need to roll a couple of trailers out of the back of my deuce and the 172 might could be a loading dock.

AMGeneral

That would be 39.5 in high unloaded Kenny.

But Adam's trailer was missing a tire or 2,so it may sit a bit sideways.

I'll have mine there as well,but it may sit a bit lower,915 isn't as tall at the fifth wheel as a 818.

PorscheTech911

Just requested the vacation for the rally. Probably won't have an MV to bring (may have a Jeep Gladiator though), but I'll be there. (I know your all sooooo excited) Ha:jumpin:

Last edited:

beanman1

This post is inreferance to the first aid. My wife will be coming with me and she is a nurse i will have her bring her bloddpressure stuff just incase some of you guys get too excited during the day lol but as far as first aid stuff goes she will need supplies so anyone who has extra first aid supplies please bring it because you will never know what will happen and its better to have this kind of stuff and not need it then really need it and not have it. I dont know if my m1009 will be there this year depends on if i can get it fixed in time but we will be there

:jumpin:

Chief_919

This post is inreferance to the first aid. My wife will be coming with me and she is a nurse i will have her bring her bloddpressure stuff just incase some of you guys get too excited during the day lol but as far as first aid stuff goes she will need supplies so anyone who has extra first aid supplies please bring it because you will never know what will happen and its better to have this kind of stuff and not need it then really need it and not have it. I dont know if my m1009 will be there this year depends on if i can get it fixed in time but we will be there

:jumpin:
If I am there, I will have one of these with me- I keep one in each of my vehicles. You never can plan on when you will need an aid bag, but when you need it you really need it.

M-39 Medics Jump Bag, fully stocked

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
39.5 is close enough to the height of a deuce that we can get them off somehow. I'm not worried.

mdmorganwife

We can't wait til the rally....... I was wanting to get my winch rebuilt before the rally just in case we need it :twisted:.... Does anyone know of anyone that has the seal kit and anything else I will need to get me all fixed up? :confused:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Kenny we will prolly bring a landoll with sumpin on it so that should be an easy kill.
We can roll the tandems to 48" with no problem, then drop the deck to ground level.

Just a thought if it helps.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kenny we will prolly bring a landoll with sumpin on it so that should be an easy kill.
We can roll the tandems to 48" with no problem, then drop the deck to ground level.

Just a thought if it helps.
Thanks Larry, that will work.

neilhendrix

In Memorial
In Memorial
Hey I just got back from the Graves Mtn rally a little while ago and you want to taunt me. I wonder if the ladder can be put on the Front Drivers side of the trailer. I still need to get on top to cool seal. It really look great .Cant wait to get there and put you to work.:grd:

Jimma

If I bring a replacement passanger window for my deuce to the rally is there anyone who knows what they are doing that can help me install it to replace my government cracked glass?