• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2010 SS Ga Rally Info thread

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ummm...how do ya know if ya ain't been MD??rofl
Pictures. Multimedia. Testimonials. I've never been to the Grand Canyon, but I KNOW it's a great place. I've never been to North Korea, and I KNOW it's not.

Haspin is better. Sorry to bust bubbles, PB. I'll keep wrenching on the gun truck.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And Haspin is still better anyways. :)
Only those who have attended both can attest to this. None of the folks who have attended both will say it either.

Phil, I'm going to print out a bunch at work. Was going to embark on making them for each member but who has that much time. These will likely just say Steel Soldiers 2010 Georgia Rally with a spot to put your own info!

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
If it has not been recommended yet you both need to be put up for a "soldiers metal" I told my wife about this story and she also stated that you as well as the other Marine needs to be given this metal. I'm glad that the children and parents recognized you and your heroism. People just dint know what truck drivers go through on a daily basis dealing with dispatchers, unrealistic delivery times and unruly drivers of small vehicles!

Get well soon!!!
Although 99% of my loads are for the military, I have been out of the military since 95. I got a lot of cards from the school and a couple from parents. I flew back to Tn this afternoon. I'm staying with my aunt till I'm good enough to be staying on my own witch will be soon. DR said maby 2 weeks i can get back to work. My vac time i took for the rally was approved long ago so supervisor said will pry get to go if I'm well enough. ( did a little begging).[thumbzup] My cracked ribs might still be a little sore by then so I wont be jumping up and down and running thru the woods but ill do what I can.

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
Only those who have attended both can attest to this. None of the folks who have attended both will say it either.

Phil, I'm going to print out a bunch at work. Was going to embark on making them for each member but who has that much time. These will likely just say Steel Soldiers 2010 Georgia Rally with a spot to put your own info!
Will there be any t shirts avalible?

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Although 99% of my loads are for the military, I have been out of the military since 95..[thumbzup] My cracked ribs might still be a little sore by then so I wont be jumping up and down and running thru the woods but ill do what I can.

Don't worry Brother Tigger...you can hang out at the firebase with the old fellers...like Zout, DH, and Clinto!!:smile:
A good time will be had by all:driver:

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tigger,
Clinto still has a few shirts from the 2008 rally last time I checked. Hopefully, he'll speak up soon. Come on over to the MKT and help Ms. Pam supervise us when we're cooking!

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Tigger,
Clinto still has a few shirts from the 2008 rally last time I checked. Hopefully, he'll speak up soon.
Clint may just magic marker 10 over the 08 to get rid of the 08 shirts

Last edited:

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
Tigger,
Clinto still has a few shirts from the 2008 rally last time I checked. Hopefully, he'll speak up soon. Come on over to the MKT and help Ms. Pam supervise us when we're cooking!
I can do that! But who is going to supervise me? lol

Monica

My understanding was that since he, ahem, lost his shirt on the '08 ones, he wasn't going to put money upfront for another round of unsold shirts.

I don't know what the deal would be for something like Cafe Press, where the shirt is designed, but not printed until ordered by individual buyers. All the groups I've been in that have talked about Cafe Press, decided to go different routes, with mixed results. I wanna say they (CP) were considered too pricey for the proposed customers (who were the ones making the decisions).

Green_gator

Paid in Full Invoice came today so my MKT will make the rally even if I have to get it and bring it there before I show. Worse case is I get to Cincinnati on Thursday and back to the rally on Friday with the MKT.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Maybe we could find an airbrush artists that would come on site and do shirts on demand.
Someone that could look at vehicles and do freehand art and lettering.
Just an idea.
I have a contact here...COMMANDOS that gives me what I think is a good deal on t-shirts. $10.70 each.
Bought 50 shirts (Proud American GT) and they were a big hit at the GT Gathering in Aug. (I gave them to the Guntruckers).
Ordered another 33 today for CAMO members.

Tell ya what...I can have some made if you guys want and guarantee they will be a tribute to SS and the GA Rally.
Prolly sell em for $15 bucks each and give $2 bucks back to Clinto for next time or to the SS site....whatever is decided best. I'll keep the rest for beer money.:wink:

Just an offer from a wackey ole dude.:jumpin:

As an alternate plan...we can bring some plain white t-shirts and some markers/crayons and go for broke??

Last edited:

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
Got word from safety today they ruled my wreck unavoidable. I was worried about that because a rollover is usually a termination. So I still have a job! Saw the dentist today and he cant fix my front teeth they are going to have to come out so I'm going to get some new teeth. We think we know what broke my ribs and collapsed my lung, best we can figure is when the truck went over the gearshift caught me in the side. The CB radio is what hit me in the face and broke my teeth. :grd:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
give $2 bucks back to Clinto for next time or to the SS site....whatever is decided best. I'll keep the rest for beer money.:wink:
We'll take that $2 and apply it to the 11SSGR. ;)

Thanks for the generous offer, PB.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Do you need me to email you any artwork from the previous shirts? To save your graphic designer time/effort? I have the images in several formats.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Got word from safety today they ruled my wreck unavoidable.
Good deal....they need to terminate the IDIOT that pulled a school bus full of kids out in front of a commercial vehicle.

Tell ya what...I can have some made if you guys want and guarantee they will be a tribute to SS and the GA Rally.
Way to step up PB.....if you are starting a list put me down for one large and one ex-large.

Prob no interest in an official SS GS Rally red tutu though.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Do you need me to email you any artwork from the previous shirts? To save your graphic designer time/effort? I have the images in several formats.
Thanks Clinto...but no.
This young lady is FABULOUS!!!

I walked in all official like and maybe even a little "bearish" and said "this is what I want and the GT is outside".:jumpin:
She went outside with me and looked at the GT...said "move it over there please". We did.:confused:
Then she said...go away and come back later and I will have something for you to look at...we did.:roll:

I was amazed at the finished product.:smile:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks