• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2010 SS Ga Rally Info thread

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sweet deal! Just got my confirmation from Durhamtown. I had originally reserved Mallards Nest 1 cabin 10/21 thru 10/24. Now that I'll be arriving on 10/20 I sent an email requesting that additional day, they complied and now I'm all set! Woohoo! Also had my fuel delivered yesterday so I'm getting closer. Besides leaving the house with a topped tank and my 100 gallon transfer tank, I think I'm going to mount this M275A2 tank in the front of the bed and squeeze another 50 gallons into my trip. 200 gallons will get me there, ride all week and get me back sans any fuel purchases. Yeah baby!

jamieboy

Hey everyone, Just got an email back from Durhamtown, and just for info sakes, they only have one cabin left (Green Acres) that sleeps 6 for 3 days. They said RV sites still available and of course camping. Just thought I'd pass the info along.

Squirt-Truck

Master Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Clinto is just being a tease about the recon trip to DT.....
We will still have access (time restricted during daylight hours) to the old 4x4 park with the anthills, the articulation road, grand canyon, the stair steps and the other 50 % of that park that we never visited.
But,
They have a new 4x4 park area, this has pleasure roads, steep drives, hill climbs (real hills that are at the design specification limits of our trucks and more than a truck frame long....) We have access to a less technical area that will require off road capable vehicles BUT the 109's will clear and can participate in ALL that riding. We have virtually unlimited NIGHT ride access. We have an area (see picture 6 of Clinto's recon post) that is the easy gentle part. If you really want rough and technical go for it, my son plans to hit that in his jeep. We will have access to as wet and muddy as you want for those into that, if not, there is no reason you have to get into it, all major obstacles have work arounds.

DT is putting out the welcome mat for us. When we left they has two crews cutting and trimming and making provision to open the new trail along the creek with a dozer.

More information as we get it, the SSGR site www.steelsoldiersgeorgiarally.com has the COUNTDOWN timer on the main page.........

Blythewoodjoe

Well with less than 3 weeks to go, I have decided to drive my M886 with a trailer in tow. I could have gotten the M813 ready, but instead I chose to buy a Burma Jeep. So instead of spending my days working on the M813 I spent them at auctions and picking up the Ford. I also have spent all my time since the pickup "bonding" with the Ford GTB. Actually it was more like un-bonding since I removed a lot of stuff.

Anyway I am looking forward to this year and I don't think I will spend much time on the trails. The fear of braking the ambulance and having to walk home is too great. I plan to eat, talk, sleep and eat some more. That's what it's all about for me.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Chow will be available through the MKT set up
Hope you like possum, SOS (you got to be ex-mil to get that one) and Chili-Mac.

You don't give us civilians enough credit...I think just about everybody has heard of SOS. Whether we've eaten the civilian version or the "authentic" militarized version...that's a different question.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is there enough room on the name tags for all the names people call me :roll:
I can't say for sure, don't have a list of the names. I can print some extras if you like. Since the most of you circus clowns can't find your backside without a pic, here's one of the generic, add your name, name tag. Some folks (such as myself) have their screen and given names already on them.

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Probably mid-morning but I don't know how many it will be. I am going to ride out there early-ish (9-10am) to set up the MKT/tent/campfire/vendor areas but I don't know who else will be there other than my Dad.

Last edited by a moderator:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
will there be one main campfire area? can we have indevidual campfires?

There will be one major campfire where many of us will gather at night but participants are allowed to have individual campfires.

Monica

I volunteered to have chicken stew set up Wed, to take the heat off of the MKT crew as they're setting up. The general plan for me is to be prepared to feed anywhere from 10 to 75 people Wednesday, and adjust as I see what I'm working with.

Hoping to be there in the morning, but I'd really like to tag into a convoy heading through the Atlanta area. Anyone coming through Atlanta early?

zout

Monica - leaving out of Lilburn Wed morning - how early I do not know just as of yet - toting a 105 behind the 109 so it will not be in any hurry - depends on how early my wife wants to leave - but it will be early morning