• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2010 SS Ga Rally Info thread

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
Just got back from the DR. and got my medical card reinstated so I'm good to go back to work. I'm just waiting for them to finish the truck. I got to see the truck I'm getting, was expecting something better but It's not bad it's a 07 with 415000 on it but the gov guys are going over it and checking everything out. Boss OK my for the rally i should be there wed morning go back to work sun morning. Monica i will help any way i can with the food on wed. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone. I got to go to dinner with some of the big wigs last night and the guy from Homeland Security gave me a shirt and my safety supervisor looked at it and SECURITY was spelled scutity. he let me keep it and is going to send me a new one with the spelling corected.

Last edited:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
"guy from Homeland Security gave me a shirt and my safety supervisor looked at it and SECURITY was spelled scutity. he let me keep it and is going to send me a new one with the spelling corrected"

that's about par for the government, especially for Home Land Security

Monica

how bout some hot cinnamon rolls home made
You don't ask for much, do you?

I do a brown-sugar pecan loaf... this being GA and all. I'm just not sure about making enough to feed 50-100 of y'all. I may half-bake and freeze some, if I can beg, borrow, or steal time in an oven to finish them off... BUT NO PROMISES on the bread. Hand made bread is NOT easy. Good, but not easy, especially in bulk.

Only reason I'm thinking of making it now is because you've got ME craving it now.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Monica, if you must do it, just do it as a bonus for the Wednesday crowd who will hopefully be helping get stuff set up!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Name tags are a great idea and signs for the truck window as well.
Had a brainstorm today, no damage fortunately. Since most of us have bridge plates on the truck, I'm going to post a sheet with numbers 00 thru 99 at the sign in area. Hoping to get you fine folks to pick a number, write you screen mane beside it and put that number on your bridge plate. We can post the sheet in the media thread after the event.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Guys and Gals,

I hate to disappoint anybody who was really in need of mobile power if there is anybody. But we've run into a little snag here in Ohio.

Between Gimpy and I we have 4 trailers to bring to GA with only 2 trucks. We're (Gimpy mostly) working on getting all 4 of them down there, but if we cannot come up with a better plan I'm afraid I'll have to leave the genny trailer at home this year. I Wouldn't feel right if I brought my trailer down for the limited use it will probably get and leave one of the trailers that need delivered to other members sitting, or worse yet, they would have to come all the way to Ohio to get it themselves. Especially with all the help I've received from various SS members on recoveries and deliveries of my stuff. Heck, as it is, Phil2968 with the help of TheOxman have a tent of mine that was picked up at Eglin AFB and is being delivered to the rally this year. So the least I can do is leave my genny at home and help get these trailers down there. If we come up with anything else that will allow us to get all 4 trailers to the rally we will, but as of right now, only 3 can make the trip.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't think there will be a major need for central power Tom. Since the plan is to put an HQ tent right next to the MKT, we can always rob a little power from there for specific needs. I''ll bring some batt lanterns for the tent and such. I really think we will be OK. OH, and FWIW, I'm bringing 3 trailers with one truck!

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If they were all cargo trailers like we brought home last year it wouldn't be an issue, but I don't think Walter would like having trailers stacked on top of his MKT

AMGeneral

Had a brainstorm today, no damage fortunately. Since most of us have bridge plates on the truck, I'm going to post a sheet with numbers 00 thru 99 at the sign in area. Hoping to get you fine folks to pick a number, write you screen mane beside it and put that number on your bridge plate. We can post the sheet in the media thread after the event.
I pick 50!!(it's already on the M915a1)

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I love the bridge plate idea........... but what about Mules? They don't have bridge plates..:-(

Monica

Monica, if you must do it, just do it as a bonus for the Wednesday crowd who will hopefully be helping get stuff set up!
Yea, I doubt the bread would last longer than Wednesday, any way. BUT I have something the weekend before the rally, and they're talking pot luck there, so... Only so much kitchen time.

Blythewoodjoe

I'm planning of bringing my 3000 watt "quiet" generator in case I need to use a few power tools and for my "movie projector". I am thinking of bringing my 8000 watt welder, in case I decide to weld something. I plan to arrive lunchish on Thursday and leave late Saturday or early Sunday. At $2.60 a gallon, I don't plan to run them any more than needful, in other words I don't mind burning a tank or two, but I'm not offering to power the camp for the entire event. I also have lots of heavy drop cords if the power from the camp grounds is available.

Joe

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Joe,

I think Mike has rented the two closest camp sites and has some long heavy amp cords and junction boxes. We should be good for power.

Monica.....there should be plenty of room for you to work in the MKT if you are of a mind to.

Last year we used frozen biscuits since Mike and I are baking impaired. I am bringing a couple of iron skillets so we can have real southern cornbread with our poss........errrrr good southern dishes. Since it gets cool at night I am thinking about hot cocoa for nights around the fire.

I am up for some experimental baking since nothing makes people hungy like the smell of fresh baked goods. Yeast rolls and cinnamon buns use the same dough receipe....MMMM MMMM MMMMM.:drool::drool::drool:

Monica

Same or similar dough, add 50/50 dark brown sugar, pecan meal, and a touch of cinnamon... Same bread, add melted chocolate, top with Nutella (chocoholic's dream)... Pinch off small balls of dough instead of messing around with a rolling pin, roll it in cinnamon sugar, and make monkey bread.....:drool:

Frozen bread dough can be used for all of the above, but works easiest for Monkey bread, since you just have to cut it up while semi-frozen.

I've been baking a lot lately. :twisted:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Same or similar dough, add 50/50 dark brown sugar, pecan meal, and a touch of cinnamon... Same bread, add melted chocolate, top with Nutella (chocoholic's dream)... Pinch off small balls of dough instead of messing around with a rolling pin, roll it in cinnamon sugar, and make monkey bread.....:drool:
Frozen bread dough can be used for all of the above, but works easiest for Monkey bread, since you just have to cut it up while semi-frozen.
I've been baking a lot lately. :twisted:

:drool::drool::drool::drool: I'm in love Monica...I like sweets.,,I just hope MB don't see this post!!!:roll: