• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2010 SS Ga Rally Info thread

citizensoldier

The TC is supposed to make it to my house. I'll do my best to get in on the truck. I have 2 M116A3s going in the bed and the M116A2 with the SECM body on it. I have a crapload of stuff to fit in limited voids of space. Lane, I may have to de-crate the thing to get it on board but if that's OK I'll get it to the rally.
That is fine Kenny.. I will have Speddmon bring it to his place from the rally. I have some of his stuff here anyway. However you can fit it is fine just make sure there is no open holes to fill with dirt or water. Its coming from Port St Lucie ? bbf..

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sheldon will deliver it Thursday of Friday and I'll work it from there! How would I survivie without a wrecker!

citizensoldier

Sheldon will deliver it Thursday of Friday and I'll work it from there! How would I survivie without a wrecker!
I agree I dont know how I did anything before I got my wrecker. Also and I know your pretty good about stuff and a T case is hard to run off with.. I just don't want to have a "Haspin disappearing fuel tank incident." I don't know if AmGeneral ever did get it back??. I felt bad but could do nothing about it..
God I wish I could come down for this! You guys know how to have a rally and put our local groups to shame..

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
clinto, do you have a flat load/unload area, ill have the 819, I think Joel have his crane deuce, and PB will have his 816?, maybe more , this area needs access to all sides and maneuver room , we could have them side by side, spaced so trucks can access both the side and also the rear

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
clinto, do you have a flat load/unload area, ill have the 819, I think Joel have his crane deuce, and PB will have his 816?, maybe more , this area needs access to all sides and maneuver room , we could have them side by side, spaced so trucks can access both the side and also the rear
Yes, we had already considered a loadout area for heavy stuff that requires a wrecker/hoist to move.

it will either be on the main road by the campfire or further down the path towards the firing range (the far right side of the map I posted). There are a couple of good flat areas.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Clinto, what about the road right outside the pasture gate? We may be able to hook that up for crane work. Not the main road but the one that runs parallel to the fence (IIRC).

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Clinto, what about the road right outside the pasture gate? We may be able to hook that up for crane work. Not the main road but the one that runs parallel to the fence (IIRC).
I don't see why not, assuming there aren't campers/rv's using it. I believe the person who rents those rv spots on the end gets use of the space all the way to the fence. So if someone is in that end spot, we'd have to ask if we could use it.

I am not worried about finding a huge flat spot. Mark, Jeff and I walked the entire field and there are a number of spots that would work. We could probably even give Ron a spot somewhere and run an assembly line past him. :D

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
With that said, let me post this. Folks, if you need stuff unloaded I know Ron and Joel will do it for you no problem. What I would say is please bring a gallon or two of diesel fuel for these guys. It's not fair that they pick up the expense of picking up our crap. Most everyone of us has a jerry can or 20.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I was thinking ( know that's dangerous), it would look cool to have ALL the cranes together

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
I like the ideas presented in the map especially if the main road and the loop are marked. I would prefer to set for crane ops where the stars are on this modified map.
DT  cranes.jpg
This is based on the idea that Ron and I would both be working at the same time.

Maybe someone can lay claim to that corner of the vendor area for us & then one of us can slide across to the campfire clearing if needed. I would like to see at least 50' of open space between us. (room to work and trucks still get through)

Last edited:

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
BFR, that's certainly doable.

marking the loop might be a little more difficult.

We'll see what we can do.

stampy

If you guys need 55gal plastic drums(open top) for trashcans let me know how many and if anybody can stop by exit 212 in NC on Interstate 85 I can load them up. Unfortunately I have to work this year.

Last edited:

stampy

Probably not, as I am in Northern NC and won't get out from work till late on Fri. I will have to plan some vacation for next years though...but I still would like to help if you guys need the trashcans (water containers) whatever. I am less than 2 miles off 85 and we are industrial plant so loading is not a problem. Just PM me if you guys need em.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
BFR, that's certainly doable.

marking the loop might be a little more difficult.

We'll see what we can do.

I'll work on finding my rolls of white engineer tape and some stakes. Will try to get out there early and mark off the road, MKT area, and the crane lift points with 50' safety area.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I may have some crime scene tape! Joel, no reason we can't unload in that area, the fire crowd will be mostly atr night. Anyone have some of that chalk and the machine that they use on baseball diamonds? That might be the quick answer on marking the place. Also, is there going to be anyone showing up on Wed with some firewood? I can't hardly deal with not having a fire!