• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2011 Ga Rally multimedia thread

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Clinto:

I have only THIS to say about THAT......

<APPLAUSE>

Y'all have set a HIGH STANDARD for all SteelSoldiers MV Rallies around the world. Your efforts and success are exemplary. You have not only rallied a good number of troops and hardware at one location for a weekend, but you have also motivated SS Members all over the globe to come out and enjoy the good wholesome family fun, friendship, and frolic (and even some FUBAR) that this hobby fosters.

Ten-HUTT .....

PREEEE-ZENT hARMS !

<SALUTE>

Not to hijack the thread, but who does this beast belong to? Any pics of the interior of the box? Great paint and love the tires and the "Mad Max/Apocalypse" look to it.

If anyone knows or has info, feel free to PM me in order not to get off topic.

I'm drooling over it.

Brian
LC

ETA: And of course I am extremely jealous of the fun everyone had. Hopefully can make it to the rally next year.

Attachments

Last edited:

Jimma

I cant remember his name but he said that he keeps his truck in the Atlanta area and lives up near Murphy, NC. He was a really nice guy.

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
Clinto I cannot say enough good things about the planning, staging and execution of an event this large. This was a 5 star event. Great location, great chow, park management bent over backwards for us, and I must give you credit for even the perfect weather. Thank you sir for the time that you, Dawn and everyone put into making this one **** of a success. I have to send out another thanks to the staff who provided chow, three times a day. The last thanks goes out to everyone who showed up. This is a great organization and I am proud to be part of it. ATD

onegmjack

Was a great rally.Want to thanks everyone who made it a sucess,to many name to list all.Had a great week rain and cold and all.Was happy to meet everyone,wish I had time to talk with everyone but not enought time.Can't wait till next time.Dwight

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Event Scheduling

Looking at all the pictures and reading all the posts this looks like it is the event of the year! Just a note on scheduling for next year, can we do a week earlier not to interfere with opening day of Rifle Deer season. 2cents

Steve

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can not be the only one who was torn between the 2 events? aua. Well if push comes to shove somehow I will have to try and make both events. Maybe I am the only one that did not realize what he was missing?

But in the end, me and my father had a great hunting weekend and at 79 who knows how many more hunting times we are going to be able to spend together.

When is next years event? I have to put on the calendar ASAP.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Any body can hunt these days, what with salt blocks, dear corn, stands, shooting lanes, dogs, no reason NOT to get a KILL, now on the other hand, the Ga. SS RALLY is a one of a kind, only ONE time a year event that CANNOT BE replaced if missed, with each year getting better.
Now back to hunting, a true hunter goes after game that shoots back and still brings the game home, any other hunter is a wannabe

EDIT, add to the WANNABE hunter KILL aids, spot lights, night vision goggles, deer musk, pen deer release for the hunt

Last edited:

onegmjack

Bring your father to the rally,my mom heard me planning for the rally,she is 74 did not have the heart to tell her she could not come.Well she had a great time and making plans for next year.

3dAngus

Gotta bump this one back up. Great photos. The Rally was a tremendous sucess. This may not be the place, but I don't know what is. I'll follow up with some of my wifes photos later when she gets home.

I wanted to give special thanks to Clinto for all his efforts. The Rally is definitely the "Event of the Year" for all SSers' and all should make a special effort to come in next year. Plan now. Also, a special thanks to Doghead and his wife for all the help. Gimpy was always there too. It's especially nice to meet DH and see what a really great guy he is, and not a robot on a machine. There were some great trades there, great prices (PCTrans was extremely fair) and I purchased or traded over a $1000 worth making me happy as a lark. If you want stuff and don't want to pay shipping for heavy items, this is the place to go. It will pay for your fuel.

The MKT was exceptional. I always tried to praise Mike and crew for a job well done and for all the support. My wife got to meet Wreckerman and meet Elmo. She was thrilled! He's a trip. I met a lot of real nice people and hopefully will get to meet them again, like David and Don who is a really neat character, flying down to Fl., picking up his M109 in excellent condition, driving it up on the way back to Mich. and buying up everything in sight, while keeping me and the wife fully amused all during the weekend with his especially humorous commentaries. It is so nice to meet everyone, and now, come to realize I'm not just talking to a machine on the internet. Cool beans! I promise to put up some pictures later to make up for the intrusion into the multimedia thread, or if a moderator will put this post somewhere more appropriate, I would appreciate it. Thanks again. I'm still with heart pumping from all the activities and meetings.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wanted to say a special thanks to Doghead for his loading techniques and the new dent in my new battery charger, Wreckerman for his wisdom, Recovery4x4, for his patience in putting up with me, Razer for his insight, Oddball for being ODDBALL, Brenda Razer's wife for being a sweet person. Mr & Mrs Zout for their hospitality, Good company, amazing cherry juice and former Michiganders, MKT Mike for the good food and fellowship. And Papabear for being a Gentlemen and making my experience enjoyable. And 3dAngus and his wife for their friendship and straight deals. Angus reminds me of the Actor Jerry Reed. You all made a Yankee Rocker from Detroit comfortable.[thumbzup]

Thanks Guys.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No charge for the dent(sorry) :oops:

Every time you notice it, you will remember all the fun had at the Ga rally! (for many years)

3dAngus

I'd give you another one but the shipping would be a beach Don. I didn't know it was dented, but if you have problems with it, let me know and maybe we can work something out for ya.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No charge for the dent(sorry) :oops:

Every time you notice it, you will remember all the fun had at the Ga rally! (for many years)

What dent, oh that dent. no problem. who cares not me. I just appreciated all your help.

Thats a first time I saw an embarrassed smiley from Doghead...!
I should frame it.:funny:

Last edited:

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
Any body can hunt these days, what with salt blocks, dear corn, stands, shooting lanes, dogs, no reason NOT to get a KILL, now on the other hand, the Ga. SS RALLY is a one of a kind, only ONE time a year event that CANNOT BE replaced if missed, with each year getting better.
Now back to hunting, a true hunter goes after game that shoots back and still brings the game home, any other hunter is a wannabe

You forgot nightvision!!!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
All year long we yak back and forth in the forum and chat (even have a spat now and then) and develop mental images of what someone looks like and even decide whether we like each other or not...maybe.

Then the big day comes...we all congregate together and old friends meet and go make new friends and buy/sell stuff to everyones delight.

Then folks take heavy iron into the deep woods and terrorize woodland creatures and do all they can do to get stuck or broke cause they know their Brothers and Sisters will come to their aid.

I have never seen anyone in need denied anything at a Ga Rally, even if it was just to point that individual toward the person that could help with what was needed.

In short, the Georgia Rally is a group of good Americans (3-400 this year?) coming together with semi-like values, attitudes and beliefs and having a good time with fellowship being the mainstay.

This was the first time MamaBear has been in "the woods". She could not believe how well things were organized and how much fun folks could have in a horse pasture.:D
She has directed me to make plans for next year...so I guess I will have to.:Daua

Also...I've made a really spiffy, cool, neat, nifty purchase I wanna show everyone next year:

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks