• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2011 SS Ga Rally Info thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ODDBALL007

There will prob be an After Action Review (AAR) thread posted soon.

The feedback provided helps improve future rallies so be honest if you have an issue but keep it constructive (my truck fell in a big hole won't work).

We hope everybody enjoyed the food. I know we need to work on the timing of meals but Mike and I are the only full time employees......we have several core volunteers that assist us and we appreciate them.

I consider the GA Rally to be a "working vaccation" and I enjoy doing the cooking as much as ya'll enjoy eating it.

I have some ideas that I will talk over with Mike and see if we can make meal time more consistant.

Thanks to those who supported my t-shirt venture......I sold all but 37 of the 240 I had (I ordered 250 but I gave some away to special friends and the National Guard guys that brought the vehicles to the rally and on the convoy).

We bought the tent that was set up by the MKT (thanks for the deal Streamline) and next year the National Guard guys are going to allow me to sign for some chairs to use in the dining tent. Streamline is going to bring another one the same size to add to that one and that should give us plenty of sit down room for enjoying meals.

Also thanks to all those that joined us in the Hardball Convoy........everything went great and we got good support from Durhamtown and the local LEO's.

Next year we may do a convoy to a closer place and take lunch with us and have a picnic.....this would allow for longer morning and evening trail rides.

I met some new friends and got to see the "usual suspects" that have been attending for the last three years.

Elmo is still getting over the tramatic "Gimpy episode" by the fire and with some therepy and meds he should be fine by next year.

Elmo says "the GA Rally is a hoot".
wreckerman yr food was off the chain.... Thanks go out to everyone who helped cook and clean and serve in the mkt. I know you guys do an awful lot and kinda miss all the fun going on. I will be there next year and you can put me down to wash dishes. Disco dan will help. His screen name is 100 acre somethin.

Streamline

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Finally got the truck unpacked this afternoon haven't started on the trailer yet maybe tomorrow!My self and my wife Jonette had a great time this weekend with everyone! This was my second year and my wife's first year and we are already talking about what we want to do for next year!

We appreciate everyone welcoming us into your lives and community with open arms.................... and opening up your wallets to us as well....lol

P.S> To you WRECKERMAN and MIKE yall worked my poor wife so hard this weekend at the MKT she ended up in ST. Marys Hospital in Athens today with a torn muscle in her shoulder! Talking about having to do it all....HMMMM what all did yall make her do......???

Thanks Tigger for helping her with her shoulder! She did have to go to the Hospital about it but it was hurting before the GA Rally so I guess wreckerman and Mike are off the hook!

Thanks to Mike, Richard, Pam, Tigger and Miss Kitty for letting my wife help out and helping her to have a great time!! And of course thanks for all the GREAT FOOD

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think Gimpyrobb ended up with all those Alice Packs.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Thanks to Mike, Richard, Pam, Tigger and Miss Kitty for letting my wife help out and helping her to have a great time!! And of course thanks for all the GREAT FOOD
Bobby.....we were glad to have her in the kitchen.....she jumped right in and did what was asked without complaint.

I am an old school Master Sgt. and sometimes when I am tired I growl and bark orders without thinking that I am no longer in charge of a bunch of goldbricking soldiers. I hope I didn't hurt her feelings while we were working together.

See ya'll next year.

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial

Thanks Tigger for helping her with her shoulder! She did have to go to the Hospital about it but it was hurting before the GA Rally so I guess wreckerman and Mike are off the hook!

I thought she had pulled somthing! Hope all goes well, will keep her in my prayers. She was a good worker! That heat rub i gave her should have helped a little. Glad she got it looked at!

poppop

I enjoyed Jonnette very much. She gave me a hard time at the MKT and she knows what I am talking about.:D I think I took over her job when Her shoulder got to hurting so bad. So Jonnette, remember me as the useless oldman pretender, but I enjoyed our time together. And remember my words to you just before we parted ways, tighten up every chance you get. I look forward to working with you next year at the MKT.

Streamline

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When we were at the rally on Saturday someone had a large quantity of Alice packs; does anyone know how I can contact this member?
I had a lot of them I was selling for $15.00 with the frames. Are they the ones you are interested in? Another guy had just the packs.

usmctopgun

When we were at the rally on Saturday someone had a large quantity of Alice packs; does anyone know how I can contact this member?
I had a couple hundred at the rally, and thankfully they all went home with someone else. I have about 800 left at my shop in tri-wall boxes, $4 each. Donating a few more to the Boy Scouts, but I'm pretty sure I won't be out anytime soon, LOL.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Bobby, best I can recall is seeing Jonette running plates of food down the road to you. I think thats where the injury occurred.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wanted to say a special thanks to Doghead for his loading techniques and the new dent in my new battery charger, Wreckerman for his wisdom, Recovery4x4, for his patience in putting up with me, Razer for his insight, Oddball for being ODDBALL, Brenda Razer's wife for being a sweet person. Mr & Mrs Zout for their hospitality, Good company, amazing cherry juice and former Michiganders, MKT Mike for the good food and fellowship. And Papabear for being a Gentlemen and making my experience enjoyable. And 3dAngus and his wife for their friendship and straight deals. Angus reminds me of the Actor Jerry Reed. You all made a Yankee Rocker from Detroit comfortable.[thumbzup]

Thanks Guys.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks to everyone for coming out. I did get a chance to meet most folks by virtue of my nametag venue. A few slipped by and many I met, I didn't have a chance to chat with. The rally was a blazing success and to have an increase in vehicle cound despite the economy says alot for this operation. I think next year I may add hometown in the nametags. Thanks to Mike at the MKT (SCSG-G4) for providing the holders for the nametags. These sure made up look professional. I'd also like to say thanks to those folks who bought the decals. I didn't sell out, not even close so hopefully I will be mailing out orders as soon as tomorrow. I would like to see more folks step up next year taking the burden off of a few and I'd like to create a sign up sheet for tables needed for the rally. Wreckerman893 was able to secure a source of chairs for next year and he also obtained some type of tent (the one we used this year) from Bobby at Streamline. Having our own tent helps and it's expandible. Will need some able bodies to hump these up and down next year.
Overall, a great rally again.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Folks, I am going to close this thread, as it is the information thread for the 2011 event.

Discussion of the 2011 event activities can go over to the multimedia thread (found here: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/ga-rally/76699-official-2011-ga-rally-multimedia-thread.html ) and discussion of what worked and what didn't' work can go here: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/ga-rally/76924-ga-2011-rally-after-action-report.html

Information about the 2012 event can be found here: SSGR'11

As soon as information about that event exists, the website will be updated.

Any questions about the 2012 event can be pm'd to me.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks