• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2011 SS Ga Rally Info thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon_H

Once you find your way to our AO, just bear to the left inside and pull up some real estate.
Thanks Rec. So, if memory serves, that would be along the tree line past the MKT and behind the vendors?

Was only there for a short while last year and don't recall seeing any tents.
It would be awfully impolite of me to find a spot in a deuces wheel tread after pitching in the wrong place :razz:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You caught me having a dyslexic moment. Once you pass the MKT, go to the RIGHT. Everything left of the road is for vendors selling 10 items or more. There will still be folks milling about, the last trail ride folks just returned.

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Murphy was working overtime in Florida this morning. auaauaaua
Should be arriving around 0900, minus the big green iron.

123mack

Mr Murphy showed up in Alabama,too. I had left the house in my CUCV with M101 in tow and had stopped after about 20 mins to do my usual check of hubs , tires, trailer connector,etc. I smelled coolant, so after a lookover, found coolant leaking out the water pump weep hole. At that point it appeared to be a class II leak, so back home I go. Looks like I'll be spending today changing out a water pump. Have fun.

northfork

I've gotten the pleasure of working all week - so much for my great plans!

I do have a few hours off tomorrow and will be coming out around noon. Is there a need for firewood for tomorrow night? I can bring some.

unaffiliated

Well Murphy had a nice visit with my truck last weekend. Saturday while 85 miles from home the entire left side exhaust pipe broke off at the front just past the spring perch. Then on Sunday I figured out what my vibration was. All of the bolts from the trans bell housing to engine had loosened up and either fell out or broke while driving. Made for a rough ride when the last bolt gave up the ghost. After a stop at the parts house and a combat repair in the parking lot, I now only have 3 bolts holding the trans to the engine and the exhaust is Hobie Jim Bobbed back together temporarily. I am glad I had my tools with me, better to have them and not need them than to need them and not have them. I may still try to come down tomorrow, we'll see.

Shrapnel

Just a Hoosier stuck out west!
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm planning on coming down in the morning. If all goes well I'll be there an hour or two after daylight (coming from Anderson, SC). This is my first rally! Looking forward to meeting some of you!

GamaGoatGirl

Heading home! :-( Left the Rally about 7:00 AM, just into Virginia. Had a great time seeing friends from past rallies and meeting some new ones! Food was great and beverages just as good! Wish the Rally was two weeks long- just not enough time to hang out and chat with everyone! Safe travels everyone!

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Arrived home in Texas after a 22 hour drive including a 3 hour nap at a rest stop. This was my first rally and it was worth twice that distance. Thanks to everyone for the hospitality and it was nice putting names to faces. Pictures to follow in the media thread.

This distance is just a drop in the bucket compared to Gerhard's although I think he should have to drive from Uraguay to win the prize. :lol:

zout

Clinto - Mike - Richard - 4x4- Carnac- volunteer crew at the MKT

S U P U R B and O U T S T A N D I N G 2011 Georgia Rally and your time and effort is appreciated and the results of all your hard work and time showed.
This rally will need a Larger Field next year without a doubt. and I heard vicious rumors of it being a full WEEK next year.

The CAMO crew - - Adam did an outstanding job of recovery and transport of folks that broke down so they were safe with their equipment and well taken care of. There was not hesitation on anyones part to help on recoveries [thumbzup]. I believe even the Gama Goat did many assists especially when Adam was testing his new snorkle device to help Tigger when he was testing his SCUBA equip while sitting in the jeep.

I highly doubt I could ever find a group of friends I would rather spend my vacation time with and have so much fun - thank YOU ALL from Deb and I.

steve6x6x6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have arrived home safely, got in about midnite. Got to bed and how did i wake up in the morning - thank you Richard - ATTENTION ON THE FOB - - ATTENITION ON THE FOB. I swear that is what i heard. Thanks alot to everyone for making me part of the group.:grin:

RIDDLE1

I have arrived home safely, got in about midnite. Got to bed and how did i wake up in the morning - thank you Richard - ATTENTION ON THE FOB - - ATTENITION ON THE FOB. I swear that is what i heard. Thanks alot to everyone for making me part of the group.:grin:
That FOB is the only thing that got my "slightly" hung-over self out of bed Sat morning! LOL! I heard SOS and pancakes and came alive!

Thanks again for all involved in making the rally happen. It was my first one and I enjoyed every minute of it. We were talking about how ready we are for next years!

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Been home since 1530. No major problems, Just have a air leak in the fuel line, and Ferro had a brake chamber failure. Fixed the brake problem, and lived with the air leak.:mrgreen::jumpin:

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
Got home about 430 pm. to find a tree down and the wires to my house laying under it. power company just left. and i have power again! had a great time.

Squirt-Truck

Master Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just got Squirt, Little Truck and Baby Mule unloaded, and put to bed. Hope y'all enjoyed the trail riding, even the trip around the race course (twice..... oops..) Saturday night. Rats..we did not even get a major happening ant the new hills. But I see some of the group found them, most excellent. We still did not get into the west section of the west park....

Makincold

Just got Squirt, Little Truck and Baby Mule unloaded, and put to bed. Hope y'all enjoyed the trail riding, even the trip around the race course (twice..... oops..) Saturday night. Rats..we did not even get a major happening ant the new hills. But I see some of the group found them, most excellent. We still did not get into the west section of the west park....
Thanks for being such a great trail boss!
Thanks for the winch lessons an technical advice!
Great to meet you, hope to ride with you again soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks