• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2011 SS Ga Rally Info thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ApopkaFL

Banned
I was hoping I was going to be able to make it. Its not looking good for me. Maybe next year... Sorry guys I know a lot of you wanted to see that Yellow Deuce....

3dAngus

Headed out at 7AM-9AM, depending on final loading. Takes me an hour just to load up all the liquor. :beer:
Just kidding. But stop by for a free drink on me, beer and liquor with mixers, on Friday.

Hopefully this M109A3 is in as good a shape as I think it is. This will be its first long trip (2 1/2 hours only) and I'm pulling a M1061E1 loaded down with my wife chasing in the pickup and a 16 foot flatbed. Hope someone can use some 4 inch tanker hoses.

REally looking forward to it. Be there by noon tomorrow.

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
All packed, and heading out by myself in the morning, after I lay down the law at work. (Yea, right, they will be glad I am gone to play army and wear my OD shirts) How much is valet parking once I get there? How close is the Ruth Chris? Is a jacket required to eat dinner at the MKT??? I hope it is casual dining....See you guys tomorrow. I have a cigar stash and a BIG bottle of cognac that cannot head north on Sunday. PB and the CAMO crew need to help me with this booty...I love this hobby because of all the people I have met and continue to help me and fellow members. Good job Clinto, Clintogf and everyone else who put this together. Really, how much are you charging to valet park????This may be a deal breaker.

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All loaded and fueled up. Leaving early in the AM. Cessnatwinn backed out fo the trip, so will be headed up 75 to Macon solo. Don't spend all your money till I get there, got a truck load of parts that don't want to come back south! :)

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
All loaded and fueled up. Leaving early in the AM. Cessnatwinn backed out fo the trip, so will be headed up 75 to Macon solo. Don't spend all your money till I get there, got a truck load of parts that don't want to come back south! :)
That is how I feel about Hennesey cognac and cuban cigars...

Jimma

Got here around 2 PM. Good crowd tonight. Its dark now but looks like more than 25 trucks so far and a bunch of trailers. Many of the usual suspects so far. Oddball, Carnac, Zout, Morgan, Wreckerman, Tigger, Clinto, and many others. Sorry if I left any names out. Too many to remember.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The A3 is all packed and loaded up. Departing Hiawassee at 0900 and meeting redthegreendog in Baldwin. From there we meet up with Gunnermac and Streamline in Danielsville at 1200, and possibly some others. Should arrive around 1300 - 1330. I had one hickup. When I went to load the A3, one rear tire was completely flat. You don't want to know what I said! I assumed that either the valve stem grommet, O-ring or the CTIS had failed. It turned out to be a bad schrader valve. When I put air in the tire, I could hear it hissing. I'm glad it failed when it did, because I wouldn't have had a spare with me. I'm also very glad I didn't have to change that 385 Lb tire/wheel. Y'all save me a good spot where I don't have to back up since i'm pulling my M149A2. :beer:

Blythewoodjoe

I am leaving Blythewood shortly and I hope to arrive with ice by 5:00. All you kitchen guys come over and get all you can handle. I dont' have it in an ice chest so it will be melting. It's in bags. Look for the ambulance. It has a big red cross on the side with a trailer full behind it.

Joe

poppop

I am having problems. I got home at 4:00 and mostly finished loading. I hooked up the M105 which will be my bunkhouse and the lights don't worked. They worked fine when parked after the Fl Rally 4 years ago. I am coming if I have to sleep on the ground under a tarp. I will trouble shoot some in the morning but am not going to expend a lot of time on it. I may pull it anyway as my route is pretty easy and not thru major traffic. Since I am late I am bringing peanuts already boiled and on ice. They are still very good that way. They will be in one pint bags so if you see a cooler by the fire open it and if its boiled peanuts help yourself. I have had to throw away peanuts in the past because people did not find them. Hopefully we will have fresh ground grits Saturday morning if I don't accept to much of zouts juice Friday night. Hope you all are having a great time.

Jon_H

I won't be arriving until some time between 10pm & midnight, is there anywhere in particular I should go for tent camping? I wouldn't want to be driving around in the dark waking everyone up
Cheers
Jon

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I won't be arriving until some time between 10pm & midnight, is there anywhere in particular I should go for tent camping? I wouldn't want to be driving around in the dark waking everyone up
Cheers
Jon
Once you find your way to our AO, just bear to the left inside and pull up some real estate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks