• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2011 SS Ga Rally Info thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

unaffiliated

Looks like me and my niece will be there sometime on Friday. I just recently contracted the MV disease, they say it is highly contagious. I am looking forward to the Rally. I already got a hall pass from my sweetie. She's not coming. She thinks my truck is ugly so I really don't think I should let her ride in it anyway. Hope to meet lots of new friends there and have some fun riding the trails. I haven't been to a Designated Off Road Vehicle area since the early 90's when I had a '69 Ford Bronco. Will be fun to see what the CUCV can do. I am trying to talk Hogtruck into coming along. That's who I got the truck from and I absolutely love it.

Streamline

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hot Dawg we are one month away! I know we cant wait for the rally to get here! My wife will even be coming this year to keep things strait!

If yall would like a sign made for the check in booth just let me know what you want it to say and we will make one up NO Problem!

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Geeze Louise!!!

You fellers can master a 2 1/2ton, 5ton, 10 ton truck...but a tiny lil ant, flea, horse fly or a tick makes ya wilt like a sissy!aua

Time to harden the farkel up men (and women)!!
Yer in the big leagues now...it's the GA Rally we are talking about!

There will be woodland creatures and pests of all types to contend with.

Heck...if sumpin bites me, I'm gonna bite it back!:D

PB, I was actually worried about the older people in the crowd.

;-)

Jimma

Riddle1 and Unaffiliated. We look forward to seeing you at the rally. It will be great! So come prepared to have a great time and to make some new friends.:jumpin:

zout

I will say there were not many places WM could not get to with that motorized wheel chair of his - Phils boys were pulling him outta a ditch one time with the motorized jeep.

It was amazing how he text folks from that chair as well.

Attachments

Donald Poppell

Well, I just found last night that I need to make a trip to Houston at the end of this month for a surprise 50th anniversary party for my folks. The plane tickets for me and the wife just ate up my GA rally funds. Now I can't make it. :sad: Glad I will attend the party for the parents but really bummed out about missing the rally.

I sent out an email to Durhamtown to cancel my cabin reservation. I haven't received confirmation back yet. The "Quails Nest" should be available to who ever needs it.

auaaua

RIDDLE1

Riddle1 and Unaffiliated. We look forward to seeing you at the rally. It will be great! So come prepared to have a great time and to make some new friends.:jumpin:
Oh I am ready!! The wife will be coming also. She even agreed to camp in the back of the truck. I just need to find out about showering???

Any public showers on site? If not anybody want to rent there's out! LOL

soule64

Anyone heading out from N. Alabama region on Thursday or Friday that I might be able to tag along with? This would be my first rally, but I haven't had the CUCV on any long road trips yet. Thanks.

unaffiliated

I'll be leaving out of Coosa, Georgia on Friday morning. Coosa is near Cedar Bluff, AL. I am about 100 miles from Huntsville. PM me, maybe we could ride together. I will be making a stop to pick up my niece along the way, probably in Marietta. You are welcome to tag along. I ALWAYS travel with a FULL toolbox, so as to be prepared. Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and NOT have it. That's my motto.

RIDDLE1

Anyone leaving South GA on Friday? Or coming up from Florida? I would like to meet up with someone also in case I have any problems.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone leaving South GA on Friday? Or coming up from Florida? I would like to meet up with someone also in case I have any problems.
The old experienced hands will likely by recovering from Thursday night on Friday morning. LOL There is a FL Convoy thread, might check there as some of the folks posted their departure dates.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
There is a shower house just outside the pasture where we congregate.
LA, LA, LA Wash your *&^ts, wash your *&^ts, wash your hands and your face and you *&^ts. ........

Dawn really likes that song. Guess I'm not gonna have my 280 shelter with me to wash my *&^ts in. Then again, if I can hook one of my shelters up to a 756 dolly then maybe I will have one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks