• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2011 SS Ga Rally Info thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

zout

Pig order placed this morning as they have to order it - this will give them (the vendor) plenty of time. I will check up on them also at a closer date to verify order is in the deep freeze.

Deposit on the oinker also placed.

At this time I would plan to pick this up on Tue the 18th and request to leave in a semi stuperfied frozen state - just like folks on the pink juice.

If I can inquire with Mike as to placing this in that very nice cooler frig truck of his that would eleviate me purchasing bags and bags of ice - please let me know if he will have room - or if I need to continue on with another alternative.

As my funds will go into the oinker procurement - may we use Mike's food trays to get the meat into after slicing at the grill - maybe SOMEONE with a GOLF KART can relay the trays up to the MKT then.

It will be easier for me to roast at the 109 than up at the MKT - if I have your permission ! It is a lot closer to my Crown and other needed accessories for my survival during the night of shear roasting enjoyment. Also I would dislike getting any lucious aroma of smoke in anyones eyes as well cooking in a crowed area. They will know where to find it if they wanna peek.

IS IT 2011 GA RALLY TIME YET - MAN I AM SOOOOOOOO READY :beer:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We could probably use Clinto's mule to move the trays of flesh to the MKT however we will have to get a heavy piece of blue pool liner for the bed of the mule and some blue gloves for handling. I would not want to be the one that dropped a piece of greasy pork on Clinto's mule.

zout

I have plenty of rubber - like latex gloves for handling at the grille for slicing and dicing the oinker. It takes a pair of welders gloves to handle while on the grille (got that covered as well).

You know if we use the grease cooked off and totally coat Clinto's mule - it will never rust. Just looking out for him is all I am saying :deadhorse:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Zout.....cook Porky wherever it suits you.......you can even set up the M109 in the mess area if you want to (unless you just want to be with the riff raff on the lower end).

Mike should have plenty of containers for the meat.

I'm not sure Porky will fit in the cooler in the back of Mike's M109 but we will figure it out.

It really chaps my hinnie that you cannot buy blocks of ice any more.....they lasted a lot longer than the crap that comes out of todays comercial ice makers. If I had to guess some idiotic environmetal law had something to do with ice houses disappearing.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Zout.....cook Porky wherever it suits you.......you can even set up the M109 in the mess area if you want to (unless you just want to be with the riff raff on the lower end).

Mike should have plenty of containers for the meat.

I'm not sure Porky will fit in the cooler in the back of Mike's M109 but we will figure it out.

It really chaps my hinnie that you cannot buy blocks of ice any more.....they lasted a lot longer than the crap that comes out of todays comercial ice makers. If I had to guess some idiotic environmetal law had something to do with ice houses disappearing.
What in the heck are you talking about? Block ice is criminal now?

zout

Recovery - you are warned to put your Mouintain Dew down first before reading any further - I will not be blamed for ruing another keyboard:

The makers of Silver Bullet Gun Oil claim it contains 13 per cent USDA liquefied pig fat thus making the product ‘a highly effective counter-Islamic terrorist force multiplier.’
The apparent owner of the gun oil site, who goes by the name ‘The Midnight Rider,’ explains how the pig fat will transfer onto anything the bullet strikes.
This ‘effectively denies entry to Allah’s paradise to an Islamo-fascist terrorist,’ Rider adds.
The oil, which costs $8.95 for 4oz, apparently puts the ‘fear of death into them (terrorists)’.
In Islam consumption of pork is forbidden, but the Quran also states that if one is forced to consume the meat then they are guiltless and therefore not disqualified from paradise.

You need to collect all they honey du at them prices - better than scrapping metal.

WM - I remember going out into Lake Superior by Batchawana Bay & mouth of the Montreal River during winter and chainsaw ice blocks to stack them away in the icehouse and cover with woodchips for the Moose hunters bear hunters - fish - extremists - environmentalists - tree huggers. (that meaning the meat from that there game)

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
When I was growing up there were two ice houses in our area.....they used an amonia refrigeration system to freeze the huge blocks of ice. They would sell you a whole block or chip off smaller blocks to suit your needs.

I haven't seen an ice house like that in ages.........guess they have gone the way of other old time technology.

zout

there were no machines on the way I remember doing it - it was all manual labor. Just in case others have never seen one: They sawdust and wood chips packed in as you stack it away.

I hear that is how cold in gets in the back of Mikes cooler

Attachments

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
WM, What do you mean you can't get blocks of ice? Every bag I buy has a few hundred "blocks" in it.:beer:

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since I don't have the second M109 converted into a pantry truck yet, I'll see if one of the other guys that says they want to come to being the freezer I had with me in 2009. When the second pantry truck is completed, that freezer will be in it, along with another be.. er, bottle cooler, yeah! Till then, stuff that goes into the refrigerated coolers needs to be smaller than 11 x 22 to fit through the openings. I will have 16 of the CAMBRO insulated food containers, each having three 6' deep 1/3 pans to hold food. I also have a couple of 6" deep full sized pans for pulled pig. Then there are the hand powered slicers if pulling the meat apart is too much effort - also have a butcher's saw and lots of knives.

Status
Not open for further replies.