• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2011 SS Ga Rally Info thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimma

Hey, just wanted to let everyone know that if you plan on renting a cabin or trailer for the rally do it quick. I checked yesterday and there were only about 4 trailers left to rent and all cabins were rented.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I already got a cabin reserved this year - reserved it early as I knew they would go fast. I know last year some cabins became available at the last minute when some cancellations came it. Probably worth while calling them every once in a while if someone still wants a cabin.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
As long as I can borrow someones shower now and then, I'll be good to go, HE!! this is a field exercise, not a smell good party, there will be planty of time for that later.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Ron, you are always welcome to use our cabin for showerin and such. I reserved cabin back on 14 January to make sure I didn't miss out!

zout

Replacement Eemax on demand hot water heater installed. Water system just got done getting tested ALONG WITH THE SHOWER IN THE 109. Toilet inside working great as well.

I have the Onan out there exercising right now and all the deep cycle batteries are on float change. Everything is looking great and Deb is washing all the bed stuff as well.
Will fill the roof mounted 50 gallon water tank and the 80 gallon tank before we head out on Tue before picking up the pig.
Had to clean out a cubbard inside for you know what. :beer:
Have to head out to the 105 and get that ready to haul a grille and see if I still have room to bring along the welder in case anyone might need it.

Is it Rally Time Yet - someone mention 37 days

ODDBALL007

Hey, just wanted to let everyone know that if you plan on renting a cabin or trailer for the rally do it quick. I checked yesterday and there were only about 4 trailers left to rent and all cabins were rented.
I just grabbed coyote number 5 so that makes 3 trailers left

northfork

So I'm driving around town today and see a MV parked at Rheas (sp?) restaurant in Roswell. Made a hard turn, and went in for lunch. Talked to the owner of the MV and he pointed me in the direction of this rally. Just in time... I hope. I'm going to have to see what I can do with my work schedule that week.

So other than firewood, diesel, and some cash - what should I bring? I don't have a MV... yet. As far as bringing out my boys (7 & 10)... is this ok, encouraged, discouraged? I saw in last years thread someone brought out a 50. Is there a range there? I have a box of M-60 blanks and a few belts of good stuff... however, with the drought, it would probably catch the place on fire. If anyone has a pig set up for blanks, let me know!

Thanks!

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
please bring the kids, camp, or, ect, my wrecker is wrecked, but i will be there, very family friendly, there will be a bunch of trucks, great people, plan on a long weekend, and having FUN

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
So I'm driving around town today and see a MV parked at Rheas (sp?) restaurant in Roswell. Made a hard turn, and went in for lunch. Talked to the owner of the MV and he pointed me in the direction of this rally. Just in time... I hope. I'm going to have to see what I can do with my work schedule that week.

So other than firewood, diesel, and some cash - what should I bring? I don't have a MV... yet. As far as bringing out my boys (7 & 10)... is this ok, encouraged, discouraged? I saw in last years thread someone brought out a 50. Is there a range there? I have a box of M-60 blanks and a few belts of good stuff... however, with the drought, it would probably catch the place on fire. If anyone has a pig set up for blanks, let me know!

Thanks!
Thank him for directing you to us. Is he coming to the rally?

If you are camping, you should bring your tent/sleeping quarters, some drinks (our MKT serves drinks with meals, not really outright), firewood, appropriate clothes, etc.

If you wish to rent a cabin/RV, you need to call Durhamtown tomorrow as they are renting out fast.

Children are fine, as long as they are well behaved. It is a family friendly affair.

There is a range, but we've always been so busy with the parts swapping and offroading that we really haven't had a chance to shoot anything.

But feel free to bring what you've got.

Since you are new, you will not know anyone, but feel free to introduce yourself. For the most part, it's a friendly crowd, except for certain elements. We can't do anything about the Alabama guys :roll:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Children are fine, as long as they are well behaved
Ill behaved children will be put to work in the Mobile Kitchen Trailer washing pots and pans.

I am reminded of the sage witticism of William Claude Dunkenfield (W.C. Fields)....."anybody that hates kids and dogs and loves good whiskey can't be all bad".

Since you are new, you will not know anyone, but feel free to introduce yourself. For the most part, it's a friendly crowd, except for certain elements. We can't do anything about the Alabama guys
Elmo and I are deeply hurt by that cruel remark.

Jimma

Come on down and bring the kids. They will have a blast. Get on Durhamtowns web site to learn more about the place and options for lodging, fun and trail ride stuff. As previously mentioned food is available at meal time at the rally and there is also a restaurant at the place that has great inexpensive meals. There will be a huge bondfire, trail rides, swap meet, food, fun and fellowship. It is one of the friendliest rallies I have ever been to. If you decide to camp, you generally do that in the rally area in or near your vehicle. Otherwise you can rent cabin or rv from them. However, they are running out of rentals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks